Friday, January 5, 2024

A CHRISTMAS STATE OF MIND

Christmas gets better with age. It becomes less about the magic and the gifts and the decorations, and more about family and love and celebrating my Savior, Jesus Christ. This year, I was able to honor the season by spending it with my sweet husband, both of my beautiful daughters, my adorable sons, and my amazing grandson. Craig, Cody's father, also joined us for the holiday. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law (Kerri and Mark) even shared their home with us so we could all stay in the same place. She decorated for us and it fit us all perfectly. We definitely felt their love in sharing their home with us. (They spent Christmas with their youngest daughter in New Mexico.)

Our Forever Family
Cody, Kiara, Red Skittle, Me, Jude (dog), Scott, Katia and Skylar
As per tradition, we began the holiday on Sunday, Christmas Eve. We worshipped with our ward. Scott and I sang in the choir. The Spirit was so strong, Scott got choked up singing Silent Night. We took pictures before church:

The cutest red head EVER!
My Lillywhites!
My Browns!
Grandma and Grandpa with their grand!
Cody and Craig (his dad)
Happy Together!
The same evening, we had our Christmas Eve feast, with my dad. Everything was delicious and we were so grateful to all be together. After dinner, we read Luke 2. (I recently decided I liked Luke 1 just as much, if not more, but it takes a lot longer to read, and Red Skittle doesn't have the attention span for it. Ha! Ha! Ha!) Then we gave our gifts to the Savior and opened our matching pajamas. Then we watched The Nativity Story. Many people don't know of this movie, but it is my FAVORITE Christmas movie. It came out in 2006, and flew under the radar in Hollywood. Maybe that's why it's so good.

Christmas Eve Dinner
Kiara, Cody, Craig, Katia, Dad, Skylar, Scott, Me, Red Skittle

If you could hear this picture, you would hear this adorable family singing a beautiful Christmas song about being disciples of Christ. This moment was a huge highlight for Scott and I!
My daughters sure do love each other!
Matching PJs - before the movie
Jets for the win!?
And Grandma got in as many cuddles as possible!

And this is the movie!
Check it out!
Santa came sometime during the night. We all got stockings, but when Red Skittle is around, he's the only one you take pictures of. Christmas day was lovely. It was full of laughter, joy, and quiet... even with a four year old grandson. We played games, snacked, and visited.
Look, mom! Santa brought treats!
Looking inside....
is so exciting!
This picture warms my heart!
Look at my boys!
I love all three of them more than my silly blog can express.
And if you could hear this picture, you'd hear uncontrollable laughter from both of these guys.
I sure do love them with all my heart!
Peek-a-boo
Breakfast with the Browns
Tough guy face - to match his new rubber band gun from Shanae and Cole
Berry and Skittle loved learning how to "shoot" rubber bands
The excitement was palpable.
Silly faces with my little best friend!
And more!
Taking selfies with Red Skittles is my happy place!
Christmas was truly all about Christ and family. I loved celebrating Christ's humble beginnings with his earthly family by spending time with my own simple crew. 

2 comments: