Monday, January 8, 2024

LET'S MAKE THE NEW YEAR MAGICAL

After Christmas, Scott and I got to spend New Year's Eve and the days leading up to New Year's Eve with his family. I can't express enough how grateful Scott and I are for our families and the opportunities we have had this year to spend time with all of them. We are so blessed for each of these amazing people in our lives!

We drove to Logan, Utah to spend the night with Stacey and Whitney, before the reunion/dinner on Thursday before the New Year. Whitney took us for breakfast. And Scott was so excited about his blueberry pancake that was the size of a deep dish, large pizza. Then we traveled to Salt Lake City for a delicious meal with even better company. All of the DeGooyer brothers and sisters were there (except Mark who was at a wedding dinner for his sister.) We talked. We reminisced. We dreamed. And we shared stories about our lives. I wish the two hours could have lasted all day. I'm so proud to be called a DeGooyer!

Breakfast of Champions
Valerie, Kevin, Brett, Alana, Whitney, Stacey, Kerri, Scott and Me
Then we went to Mom and Dad DeGooyer's home in St. George. We got to spend 4 relaxing days with them. We stayed up until midnight on New Year's Eve. We made resolutions. We ate delicious foods. And we kept it calm and peaceful. It was a great night.

I've already exercised every day this year except Friday and Sunday.
And I've had no sugar since January 2nd!
Scott is so excited to study the different names of Christ this year.
Our daughters also celebrated:

2024 in Rexburg with Katia, Skylar, Shanae, Cole, Cody, Kiara, Red Skittle and Lobster
This grandson of mine was lookin' good on New Year's Eve!
Oh! And I forgot to blog about Scott's work party with Container and Packaging. It was really nice. The dinner was exquisite. The entertainment was terrific. The people were even better. And the fun was non-stop. Here are a few pictures:

Me and my favorite!
I wish I had gotten pictures of bowling... but Bird took pictures of us on the twister.
Kate, Me, Scott and GJ
Scott was regretting it immediately.
GJ and I like to spin!
And a few more snap shots that needed to be blogged:

Kiara loves Katia's dog
I made cards for birthdays and January hellos.
A new friend, Chris, helped me make them.
Her stamp collection is unbelievable!
And here is my Vision Board for 2024
Here's the poem I wrote:
What does PEACE look like?
Peace looks like being prepared.
Not to fear, not to be scared.
Peace looks like a modest home.
A place from which I will not roam.
Peace is an eternal family.
I'm forever grateful we are we!
Peace looks like God's Holy House.
I love to worship with my spouse.
Peace looks like following the Savior.
He guides my thoughts and my behavior.
Peace looks like trusting Him through trials.
Getting through storms with our smiles.
Peace is what I desire this year.
With His grace, I have nothing to fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment