Monday, June 25, 2012

KENTUCKY MUSIC WEEK CAMP

Last week was music camp.  It was WONDERFUL!  My parents drove from Colorado to attend with us.  (Actually it was because of them we got to go!  Thanks Mom and Dad!)  It was a fabulous experience filled with learning, developing our talents and making music!


I'm not even sure where to begin to describe this wonderful experience.... The camp featured five classes a day, lots of jam sessions and shopping.


Grandpa Mac (Dad) took mostly dulcimer classes interspersed with banjo and ukulele.
I took a guitar class, two dulcimer classes, a voice class, and digital photography.  
Key Lime Pie took a penny whistle class, a mandolin class, a basket making class, a fiddle class, and a dulcimer class.  
Kotten Kandy took the penny whistle class with her sister and grandmother.   She also took a dulcimer class with her me, a watercolor class with her grandmother, basketry with her grandmother and digital photography with me.
Mil, Key Lime Pie and Kotten Kandy made the most beautiful baskets!
Katia's watercolor was gorgeous!:
After a FULL day of classes my girls couldn't stay awake for the drive home....
My daughters and I hope to go back next year... and we hope Mil and Grandpa Mac join us!

1 comment:

  1. Woo Hoo!!! You described the week just like I would have. It was great fun, wasn't it? Got to admit your Dad comes up with good ideas -- lots of them and all the time even!
    I'm anxious to make my other basket. But, guess what? I just practiced my Penny Whistle! I'm working on 'On Top Of Old Smokey' even...
    Have a happy day. Love Grandma Mil/Mom

    ReplyDelete