Tuesday, April 21, 2015

CUTE GIRLS AND ANOTHER BOOK

So... Key Lime Pie is REALLY looking forward to Prom.  Here is a picture of her dress.  (Her hair is NOT done and neither is her make-up.)  But she purchased her own dress and is really excited.  (I've decided to call her date Twizzlers.  He's a cute kid.  I'll post pictures of him when they actually go on their date....)
Kotten Kandy also decided to dress up the other day.  She got herself a new outfit with an anchor theme because of the YW theme: Embark!  She also splurged and got herself some BRIGHT red lipstick and blue mascara.  She said she was channeling Effie Trinket.
Aren't my daughters absolutely beautiful?!  And what's even better is they are gorgeous inside and out!
I also finished reading a book by John Douglas called "The Cases That Haunt Us."
Lately I've been thinking about what I want to be when I grow up.  I'm thinking I'd be interested in something in criminology.  John Douglas is one of the very first behavioral analysis investigators.  He "started" the BAU (Behavioral Analysis Bureau for the FBI).  So I decided to read a few of his books to see if it's really something I'm interested in.  I LOVED it.
In "The Cases That Haunt Us" Douglas looks at some of the more infamous murders of all times and adds his professional perspective.  He writes about Jack the Ripper, The Zodiac, The Boston Strangler, The Lindbergh Kidnapping and even the Jon Benet Ramsey case.  I thought all the chapters were intriguing and his insights were amazing.  His logic, reasoning and experience are compelling and captivating.  I really enjoyed reading every story.  Truth is often stranger than fiction.

2 comments:

  1. Love the scarf on Katia. Makes her eyes pop! So pretty! ;)
    As for Kiara, love the dress and can't wait to see the hair and dress altogether! Oh and the boy :)
    As for Sundy Lea - I think she is sick. lol But I kind of like her anyhow. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, ditto and ditto to GEE's! But to be different, Kiara, I love the necklace and the look like the beads are out there floating in air. Katia, you girls both have the most beautiful, blue eyes. No winking at anyone for at least another year, right? Right!
    Sundy Lea, where'd you come from?! Life with you is never dull and boring - always changing and enthusiastic, and forever my daughter! Love you all four.
    Mom/Mil

    ReplyDelete