Sunday, April 10, 2016

OUTSTANDING OURAY

SPRING BREAK EDITION #2
Scott and I were married over 20 years ago.  We spent our honeymoon is the most gorgeous, little town: Ouray, Colorado!  This beautiful place is often called "America's Switzerland."  We were so excited to share "our place" with our three daughters this Spring Break.  G.J. and Mil joined us and we had a wonderful day!
This UNIQUE tree is the Ute Council Tree...
Chief Ouray & his wife would meet here with the "white men" & make peace treaties...
Lollipop, Kotten Kandy and Key Lime Pie in an Indian teepee...
Chief Ouray's grave - with Aunt G.J.
Of course we stopped at the Russell Stover Chocolate company...
And we splurged.  Thanks, Mil, for giving us each an allowance for candy!
The Colorado River...
This tribute to the Ute Indians was amazing...
And this girl is a fan!
There is nothing better, in my mind, than being with my mom & sister!
(I wish they would move to Kentucky... to be closer to me!)
This tree we dubbed the Sister Tree...
Because G.J. and I took a picture... and...
Kotten Kandy and Key Lime Pie also took a picture....
Kotten Kandy looking over Ouray...
Key Lime Pie snagged this picture of me and my sister!
And also this picture of me and my mom!
We hiked to Box Cannon Falls... over ice and snow.
The waterfall was running but not as fast and loud as
it will be in a few weeks with the spring run-off...
Yes... that is a HUGE column of ice.
We also walked up and down the quaint Main Street...
Key Lime Pie LOVED this black cowgirl hat!
We had a fabulous day in Ouray...

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun trip in beautiful country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun trip! I miss you guys already :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure enjoyed the Ouray day! I think we all have tons of fond memories of the place... And, now, Louisa can have some of the same. :) Mom/Mil

    ReplyDelete