Sunday, July 15, 2018

GRUEZI ZURICH, SWITZERLAND

I LOVED the beauty of Switzerland.  I wish I could have spent more time in the Alps.  We only got to see them in the morning from the train.  The Alps are magnificent!  I'm from Colorado, and I've always loved and revered Colorado mountains.  I hate to admit it, but the Swiss Alps make the Rockies look like hills. They were spectacular!
We spent all day in Zurich.  We were exhausted from the lack of sleep on the train, but  the beauty compelled us forward.
The day started of raining... so Katia and I purchased umbrellas.  (FYI Zurich is EXPENSIVE.  Everything was more expensive here than anywhere else we visited.  That is why we only spent one day here and didn't even stay the night.)
We saw beautiful clocks, churches, reflection pools, and the beaches of lake Zurich.
I loved the pipe organ in this church.
This elephant statue made me laugh.
This courtyard was FULL of amazing murals.
And all of the murals were very unusual.
And on the corners of this courtyard were small one foot high statues of funny people.
They made me laugh.
What the heck?!  These are just a few of the unusual 1 foot statues on this building.
Loved the harbor.
Loved the swans.
And, of course, I found the opera house.
This church was spectacular.
The stain glass windows looked like geodes.
So beautiful!
Switzerland is great!
Fun with reflections...
My husband holds up my world!
We also spent a few hours at the soccer museum.  Scott LOVED that.
And we again watched another soccer game while we ate dinner.  This time Switzerland lost to Sweden, 0-1.
Due to train strikes in France, we ended up taking a short flight to Barcelona that evening... We arrived shortly after midnight and caught a cab to get to our hotel.  We were dead tired.  And spent the next day mostly recuperating....

2 comments:

  1. I love Switz too! For us, Zolekophen was the place to be - The Temple! Wonder if we'll figure a way to go back there in the eternities?... Mom/Mil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!
    Did you see the temple at all?

    ReplyDelete