Friday, July 13, 2018

SCHON VIENNA

War Memorial
I like Vienna more than Prague.  (Mostly because Prague was too busy with tourists.)  I felt like Vienna was more laid back, and beautiful!  And I loved the musical influence Vienna had on Beethoven, Schubert, and many other famous musicians.
When we got to Vienna, we went to Beethoven's apartment first.  It was not as exciting as Bach's church in Leipzig, but it was still cool to think that I walked where Beethoven walked.
I agree... Beethoven was an untamed talent!
On Sunday we went to Church in the Vienna 1st ward.  An American and Canadian missionary translated for us.  The building was very small and humble, but the Spirit was strong and the people were kind and good.
Church
Loved it!
After church, we took a bus tour around Vienna.  It was much more relaxing to ride, look and listen. 
Bus Tour
This Church was so unique...
On the outside...
And inside.
I thought this building was fun!
I wanted to tour this castle... but we didn't have time.
It's painted "royal yellow."
Dad told me about a book "The Third Man" that takes place in Vienna.
Apparently there is a huge sewer scene in the book and movie.
I just bought the book - so I'll be reading it next.
We took lots of pictures by bus and stopped at one of the two castles.  It was HUGE!  And of course it was beautiful!  
This castle is ginormous!
This picture doesn't do it justice....
It's colossal!
I love Vienna!
I'd love to come back... and spend more time.
Next stop: Budapest

1 comment:

  1. The castle grounds do look ginormous! Make your back 40 look a little more doable? Hope they have a rider...
    Yes, the money spent in their buildings is something else, isn't it? Have you ever thought about what America looks like from foreigners? DC is as impressive, but maybe not as ornate? Vienaa looks like a lovely place to be and visit...
    Mom?mil

    ReplyDelete