Sunday, July 15, 2018

SZIA BUDAPEST

I was so excited to go to Budapest because of George Ezra.  As our train pulled into the Budapest station, Katia and I were singing, "My house in Budapest, My hidden treasure chest, My golden grand piano, My beautiful Castillo... But for you... I'd leave it all."
Unfortunately, in my opinion, I was let down in Budapest.  It was OK.  I'm glad we went to Hungary, but it was my least favorite place we visited.  It felt old and dirty... not kept up as well. 
But we did get to see some beautiful things on our bus tour.  And I really enjoyed our boat tour.  And I loved the castles that we got to see on the boat. 
Katia and I relaxing on the bus.
A Church
The Boat Excursion
I thought this castle was spectacular!
This castle paled in comparison.
I loved the boat views.
The entire trip, we saw this sight.
Scott took over 4,000 pictures during out 15 day trip.
It was crazy!  He was crazy!  But he was happy!
We also enjoyed watching the Brazilian soccer game - again, at an outdoor cafe.  Brazil beat Mexico 2-0.  Scott was so glad.
Watching Brazil.
THEN We decided to head to Switzerland... by way of the night train.  We THOUGHT we had reserved sleeper cars.  But it was not to be.  We spent a restless, difficult night in the most uncomfortable of chairs... but at least had our own box.  It was worse than camping.  But we did make it to Switzerland....
To Be Continued...

5 comments:

  1. OKay, we'll leave Budapest off our list of places to visit. But then, many people live in these kind of places. And many more live in older, dirtier and grungier than this. A third-world country really makes you go, "Ohhhhh!" Maybe you don't want to plan a trip to Tonga?! Mom/Mil

    ReplyDelete
  2. That spectacular castle is indeed spectacular. Do you know what it's called?

    Also, I like this cover of Budapest even better than the original ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c33L7wqvpqQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nevermind.... image search says it's the Hungarian Parliament bldg. and now I know!

      Delete
  3. Worse than camping? I love camping so how bad was it? lol
    Amazing Castles!!!

    ReplyDelete