Wednesday, May 8, 2019

PROMOTIONS

Everyone in our family was promoted Monday at 4:43 AM! I'm now a grandma! Scott is a grandpa! Kiara is a mom! Cody is a dad! And Katia is an Aunt! It's amazing that such a small (7 lbs. 9 oz. and 20 inches) arrival can make such big, and exciting changes in our family! On my blog I'm calling him: Skittles (per request by my daughter)!
It's so wonderful to be a grandmother! Be ready for bragging overload....
We went to the hospital at 9 PM on Sunday night.
At first it was OK to smile between the contractions....
I was ready.  But was not able to sleep at all.
After medication, Kiara was able to get a LITTLE sleep.
She actually did all the work without an epidural!
She was strong... I didn't realize how difficult it would be for me to watch my daughter go through such trauma and hard work. But she was a rock star! Skittles was born after only 9 1/2 hours of labor.  (45 minutes of that was pushing.)
First picture...
Amazing mother!
She admitted it was all worth it!
Yay, dad!
He's a natural with his son!
And was so loving and caring about Kiara during the ordeal!
I was the 3rd to hold him!
Kellie was an AMAZING nurse!
We love her!
Kiara couldn't have done it without her.
Wish we could take her home with us!
First family picture!
Grandpa was so excited to hold his grandson!
He couldn't stop smiling!
And Katia was chomping at the bit to hold him!
Her smile says it all!
She is beyond excited!
She wants to call him Frodo (because his best friend's name is Sam)
or Oblio (because he has a pointed head!)
I really am excited!!!!!
We are excited for our promotion to grandparents!
Amy was promoted too!
She's now an "aunt"!
Aunt Amy DeThortenhausen!
What a beautiful family!
He's adorable!
Isn't he cute?!
Ready to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment