Wednesday, August 14, 2019

SISTER DeGOOYER - WEEK 6

Hi! It's been kind of a crazy week... I honestly didn't think I'd have time to email today. So it's lucky that I'm here...typing... with that said, it is going to have to be a short one today. 

This week I got to go on two exchanges. The first one was interesting. That is the best word for it. I was in a trio for the day, and lets just say trio's are kind of crazy. One of the Sisters bought me a soda which was nice. We also got to go to Kiwi Loco, which was amazing! A random person paid for us there, and so that was really sweet of her. I'm still trying to figure out what to do when people randomly give me things, it's kind of disorienting. I want them to know how thankful I am, but all I can do is say thank you and say a quick prayer for them. People are genuinely good! 

The second exchange wasn't a full day and night like normal, it was only a couple of hours but it was pretty stressful. It was me and another greenie, and we weren't sure whether we were supposed to be in her area or mine. We ended up spending two hours at a car place, so that Presidents car could get fixed. We painted rocks and got Wendy's frosty's. We jammed to Saturday's Warriors and talked about how much better the older version is compared to the new, so all in all not a terrible day!

We talked to a lot of people this week. We had three other sisters come and stay in our tiny apartment. We made brownies, we received brownies. I met a kindred spirit and a JETS fan! We had dinner with some of the nicest families- only one served us breakfast. ;) We finished off our music fast. We started running around the temple grounds in the morning for our exercise time. We watched a guy accidentally shoot himself with an epipen This week we were missionaries! 

This week I finally realized that I am a missionary. To some of you that statement might sound a little weird, but it is true. Sister Coleman and I were walking down the street, tracting, and I realized that I am a missionary. I've wanted to be one my whole life and now I am. I stopped walking and said "I am a missionary!" She laughed, but it was an exciting moment for me. I love being a missionary! It is rough and hard and so many other things, but already I can see that it is sooo worth it. People slam doors in our faces, but there are other people who listen. I get to talk about Christ ALL day long! I get to hear people's stories, and how Christ has helped them through their struggles. Being a missionary is so much more than what I imagined, so much more! I love it!

Everyone, the gospel is true! Faith is a real principal, and so rewarding. Grace is real! I use it every single day! I encourage you all to work on your faith, to use grace. Take advantage of the fact that you can go to the temple whenever you want. Y'all are so lucky, that is one thing I miss so incredibly much! Go to the temple! Read your scriptures! Pray, pray as if your life depended on it- for me it often does. I love y'all so much! 

Sister DeGooyer 

P.S. This didn't end up being as short as I thought it would...... 
We went on a P-Day hike with this awesome family!
And we discovered how beautiful Idaho can be....
"Whoever said Idaho wasn't beautiful?!" 😏
(Mom thinks these two gorgeous girls put Idaho's beauty to shame!)
I think Katia picked these flowers just for me!
Saturday night milkshakes!
This is what we do.
P-Day Red Robins Run
I LOVE and miss this beautiful girl!
But I'm sooooo proud of her!

2 comments:

  1. Love the wildflowers, but love that Sister DeGooyer EVEN MORE!!! She is truly amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so proud of our Sister DeGooyer!

    ReplyDelete