Monday, August 26, 2019

SISTER DeGOOYER - WEEK 8

What a week! 

This is going to be a short one, and this time I mean that for real. ;) Hahaha, life is good here in Highland and I hope it has been good for y'all wherever you may be. 

There were a lot of great things that happened this week. We went on another exchange. This time Sister Coleman left me to go to another area. So, I got my first experience in leading an area. It was interesting and overall I think it went really well. We got to go to what we thought was a picnic, but ended up being a pig roast- it was interesting... We had a really awesome zone council. We taught 3 lessons. One with Shiloh and one with a girl named Capreece. :) We got transfer calls and Sister Coleman and I are both staying in Highland!!! We are getting two new AP's, a new Zone Leader, and a new District Leader. We also got to play games with the Southwards this week, which was super fun! Overall it was a busy, but a good and solid week. 

I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I knew that before I came out and I had applied it before I came out, but everyday I see the eternal and ever present nature of that truth. We need him every single moment. He makes up the difference and that difference is wide. We are so imperfect and that is why repentance is so important. I love my Savior and I am so grateful for him; his example and sacrifice. When it comes down to it, that is all that matters. 

Have a good week! 
Love y'all, 

Sister DeGooyer  
Sister DeGooyer wore yellow and drank soda in honor of my birthday!
The Pig Roast - not for the faint of heart
Weekly Temple Picture Update
Exchanges with Sister Taylor
Movie Night

1 comment:

  1. Sister DeGooyer - that picture of "the pig" made me think of Tonga. Every special meal the Tongans have is celebrated with a roasted pig. Did you eat any? Sometimes I had a hard time to...
    Sounds like my GRAND Daughter is doing so many good things! I'm proud of you - and miss you - but mostly know you are doing lots of good things. Take care. Love, Grandma Mil

    ReplyDelete