Monday, October 21, 2019

SISTER DeGOOYER - WEEK 16

Hello friends and family! This week was a good one, I hope it was for you all as well! 

It was my first full week with my new companion, Sister Done. It was a good and full week. We went on an exchange with the Alameda sisters, we got to watch Poky, and we had 2 return and reports. It also hailed here in Poky twice! 

We found a whole family that we are hopefully going to start teaching- which is sooo exciting!!! 

I've been studying the war chapters, during my personal study and it has been really fun! Moroni is solid! Helamen is inspiring, and so are his 2,000 sons. I love it and I am learning about the kind of person I want to be. 
I also got the chance to study some of President Nelson's talk from the General Women's Session of Conference and oh my goodness it is so full! I came away with so many deep/good questions, and a deep desire to go to the temple! This quote is just ONE of my favorites: "every time you worthily serve and worship in the temple, you leave armed with God’s power and with His angels having “charge over” you." How incredible of a promise is that?! It gives me chills! I think as a missionary, angels are with me, helping me everyday. Still, this promise is so huge; please, please go to the temple! 

I love y'all and I feel like I should have more to say. We taught Capreece again this week; I'm a little worried about her so please send prayers. We met a baptist preacher who told us to come back, so we are going back this week. My companion is a little nervous, but I feel that this is the moment Mark (Bettenhausen) has been preparing me for, with his Baptist reminiscence(s). I know how to sing at least one or two of the songs. [Thanks Mark!] 

Have a great week, I love you all! 

Sister DeGooyer 

Transfers with Sista Taylor
Some more Baco Tell, why is it sooo good?!
Green 💚
Random pic 
Sister Done gave me this..... I'm not complaining, it is warm. 
And because I was worried that my daughter was cold, I got her three sweaters.  I asked her for pictures.  She sent these:

No comments:

Post a Comment