Friday, May 15, 2020

CELEBRATING

Like millions of people around the world, we celebrated Mothers Day last Sunday.  I felt so loved!  And I was spoiled rotten.  The best job I've ever had in my 48 years of life is being a wife and mother!  And I happen to have an amazing husband and two incredible daughters!  Katia's sweet Mothers Day card made me cry.  She really made me feel like I was a wonderful mother - despite my many short comings.  And visiting with her was AWESOME!  Kiara and Cody got me some new jeans (that fit - since I have lost about 30 pounds in the past 4 months.)  They also got me a card that made me smile.  Cody made me laugh with his antique language praising my mothering... and he signed it "Your Favorite Son!"  He is... so far!  My sweet husband got me new scriptures - and I was especially excited about the yellow clock - so happy and it opens up to hold my scriptures!  How cool?!  He is my rock! 
Loving my family and the attention!
Red Skittle gave me these "World's Coolest Grandma" socks!
I'm grateful for my own mothers (Scott's and mine) too!  They are beautiful, strong, courageous, and spiritual women whom I wish I could emulate more.  I love my moms!  And watching Kiara be a mother is one of my favorite things ever!  She is a natural!  Happy Mother's Day!
We also celebrated Skittles and Starburst's first birthdays - social distancing style.  We ate cake with our friends as we maintained our distance.  Scott made the amazing cake.  (I really married a talented guy.) 
Wow!  He's incredible!
Dinosaur cake for Skittles and Starburst
The 1 year olds seemed to love the cake and the gifts.  I love these two boys!  I can't wait to grandmother them both!
Not sure about sharing a chair...
But the cake looks yummy!
To: Starburst
Love, The DeGooyers
To: Starburst
Love, The Lillywhites
To: Red Skittle
Love, The Bettenhausens
And yesterday I snapped these precious photos:
Look!  I can do it all by myself!
Look at that joy!

2 comments:

  1. Smiles abound... 😊😄😁😆🤣😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure Heavenly Father gave you and Kiara Spencer at just the right timing in your lives. Isn't it amazing how life continues ow when the world is out of control? That little one smiles through it all and those around him too... Grandma Mil

    ReplyDelete