Tuesday, August 4, 2020

SISTER DeGOOYER - WEEK 56 & 57

Last week's email was kinda sad... so Katia asked me not to post it.  But she did send pictures...  So here's week 57's email and LOTS of pictures:

"I've never been in charge of my stories, they've been in charge of me."

This quote, while one of my favorites when it comes to writing, seems pretty accurate for my week. We often don't write our life stories, if we did it would be a different picture. Instead we live them, building our wings after we jump; landing on another cliff and realizing that our wings are too weak for the next jump and again jumping anyway- because jumping and building are the only ways to really live this life.

Haha, I guess that is a glance into my head...

This week was hard, but good. Much like all of the rest of my mission, funnily enough. I neglected to mention last week that I was most likely going to be transferred. SURPRISE! I have been transferred, back to my homeland: Chubbuck, Idaho. My new area is almost touching my first area. It's crazy to have driven the streets that I now walk. Yes, I am again in a walking area. 6 months to sexy is no joke. 😂 Although, I have less time than that now. :/

Saying goodbye to Kimberly was hard, every aspect; the area, the zone, the district, my companion. I made the last days stretch as much as I could, but ultimately the feeling of both needing to go and the reality of having to go was settling on me.

My last two days were full of goodbyes, down to the last minute. It hurt to say goodbye to so many people we had started teaching, I know they'll be in good hands though!

By the time we got to Chubbuck it was almost 8pm, I was exhausted! I had also forgotten to eat a meal that day, so I was pretty hungry, but life was good! I met my companion, Sister Brooks, who is honestly the best. The first night we talked for two hours about books, she is definitely a kindred spirit. :)

The past couple of days have been a blur, but they have been so good! Especially Sunday! I got up to bare my testimony in one of the meetings and in that moment I felt the strength to make this change. I felt a love for my new area, my new companion, and everything about this change. It was so exhilarating! The rest of the day was incredible, we got out and worked! It was 106°F outside, but I didn't mind it. We were and are on the Lord's errand! Goodness, I love my God! He puts us where we need to be in the right moment. Out of the billions of people who have lived, are living, or have yet to live; we have the chance to become close to those few around us!

Anywho, sorry, there aren't too many details! More to come next week, I love y'all!

Sister DeGooyer 
Horton made me food because I didn't feel good...
Exchanges
Sister Copeland and I
Weird, Random Cacti Fruit
Sister Brooks, my new companion
My home, thanks to these wonderful members, for 9 months!
Saying Goodbye to my Kimberly address
Crazy is as crazy does.
Eating....
US - Horton and I
Not sure what happened....
My Sisters in Christ (and in Kimberly!)
Besties Forever!
Saying Goodbye is soooooo hard.
Look how strong I am!
Just kidding....
A fun pastime
My weekly "Naked" picture....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures, Mom of the Missionary.
    They definitelly tell stories. :)
    Gma Mil/Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I've never been in charge of my stories, they've been in charge of me."

    This quote, while one of my favorites when it comes to writing, seems pretty accurate for my week. We often don't write our life stories, if we did it would be a different picture. Instead we live them, building our wings after we jump; landing on another cliff and realizing that our wings are too weak for the next jump and again jumping anyway- because jumping and building are the only ways to really live this life.

    I LOVE THIS!!! KATIA IS AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete