Monday, August 31, 2020

SISTER DeGOOYER - WEEK 61

 Sister Brooks and I were walking down the busiest road in our area. I say walking DOWN, because we were quite literally walking down the hill. As we walked I thought of the not too far away winter. "Sister Brooks! I have an idea, when the snow and ice hit we can just sled down this hill!" "Great idea, we'll sled down the busiest road, into the busiest intersection in our area." "...I can see it now. Two sister missionaries..." Hahaha, I feel like this is an accurate demonstration of what we talk about while we traverse this broken road. We have come up with 10 different headlines for the newspaper headline, announcing the stupid decision and the untimely death of us both. It's morbid, it's dark humor, but dang, is it fun.


Also, I have been in a writery [copywrite] mood as of late. Updating our area book gets the brunt of it. Back ground for all of y'all non-missionaries. In the name of accountability we have to say how we used our time. I.e. we went to the park for an hour and met some interesting people and talked about God; we walked down Whitaker Rd. for 30 minutes and waved to a couple people who ran away from us; etc.

This is an update from the other night:
"As we were walking Sister Brooks and I smelled a hint of vinegar in the air. Though the sun had set and the world was lost in shadows, we decided to stop and investigate. A small family of three were playing with a bottle rocket. We asked if we could join them, they said they were finished-- but that they would do it again tomorrow. We will be there for the rocket launch, tomorrow at 1pm MST." ---update they lied to me. Taking a step back and looking at the situation, a random girl coming up to you and getting really excited about a bottle rocket and asking if she can set it off with you next time is a little weird....

Also this:
"The man walked past us as if he were in a hurry. I yelled him down, trying to find an address in the area... we were quite lost. He didn't seem to know, and unfortunately he didn't seem to want to stick around. I pointed to his shirt, trying to find common ground, but my love of Iron Man seemed to only make him uncomfortable."

In other news: we moved! 576 Pheasant Ridge Dr Apt B Chubbuck, Idaho 83202-1869

Oooo this week I got to teach with President! We taught a man who wants so desperately to be baptized. He has a few road blocks, but I am praying, my comp is prayin, half the ward is prayin, and I know we will see miracles! This man's story is so powerful, and goodness I met this family and just felt so much love for them! I'm excited to see what comes of everything.

Lets see:
I flew my first kite this week.
I almost launched a bottle rocket.
I judged a chalk competition.
I attended a bomb institute class.
We are getting a car and so are the Kimberly Elders (hallelujah-- already warned my comp that if I see people out walking, I will pull over)
We tried to save a cat that got hit by a car. I named it Zeezrom and then it died. I have to stop naming little hurt things that, they always die. We had to bring the news to his brothers and sister. I named them Helam, Nephi, Moroni. The last one Sister Brooks named Esther.
We found 3 people to teach!!
We met a sheep named sheep- who is also home bound.
I got swindled.
I ran through some sprinklers and contracted a cold.
I pet a dog named Albus.
Yeeted myself through a bar wired fence and ran across some train tracks... #talktoeveryoneyousee 🤷‍♀️
Read an excellent talk @garyestevenson
I worked out... hard.... I'm still sore
Had a dance party ;)
I won Blokus!

So, last night I prayed and asked God to send some rain. I've had this desire for rain all week; I want to dance in the rain and just feel that timeless feeling that comes when there is thunder, lightning, and energy! Oh I love it! I woke up this morning and first thing looked out the window. God has sent me rain! Oh goodness, there have been so many moments this week where all I can say is: God is good!

Y'all miracles are happenin! I can't express to y'all how amazing God is and how grateful I feel to be on this earth at this time! Yesterday, I laid down in the grass to study, and decided to read two random chapters. Both were about missionary work, and by the end, oh goodness, I was so ready to go out and work! I live for those moments of connection with people. I live for this work! Goodness, my heart cannot hold all the joy I feel! GOD IS GOOD! 

Muchas love, 
Sister DeGooyer 

we forgot our facemasks.........
we went running!! And I died.
randomness
Getting balloons for Hermana Erekson #yearmark 🎉

2 comments:

  1. Made me laugh too. :)
    I love that girl... Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister DeGooyer is truly AMAZING! So Grateful I get to claim a relation!!!

    ReplyDelete