Tuesday, July 26, 2022

DeGOOYER DAY 2022

DeGooyer Day is one of my all time favorite holidays!  I love celebrating being a DeGooyer.  And this year, since our entire family (except Scott and I) live in Idaho, we decided to make DeGooyer Day a two day experience in Boise.  We had a total blast with our daughters, sons and grandson!

Once we got the kids from Rexburg, we drove to Boise and began our holiday with a 4-wheeler excursion with my brother's family.  It was super fun, dirty and exciting!  Unfortunately Skittles wouldn't have been able to "handle" 4-wheeling, so he spent the day with Aunt GJ and Aunt Shanae and Berry.  They had fun swimming too.

This was our 4-wheeling Crew!
Thanks, Ben and Kristi!  This was a total blast!
Lollipop and Kade
Skylar and Katia
Jolly Rancher, Kiara, Me, Cucumber and Ben
Kristi and Sage
Scott and Cody
Jolly Rancher and Kiara
Cucumber and Me!
Cucumber and I nicknamed our ride The Mouse.
Reinacting Shanae and Sheila's epic crash last year.
The roles of Shanae and Sheila were played by Sage and Jolly Rancher.
SOOOOOO MUCH FUN!
Look how dirty!
Skittles was learning to kick his feet with Aunt Nae Nae
Aren't they the cutest grandsons ever?!
We are so blessed!
Aunt GJ loves our grandsons!
Aunt GJ spoiled him rotten....
He made chalk art with her.
Then the next day, we all went white water rafting.  It was tons of fun!  And beautiful!  We are so glad our newest son was our guide.  His family were all DeGooyers for the day to help us celebrate!  (Thanks, Browns!)  I would have taken more photos of the rafting, but I didn't want my phone to "drown" and become obsolete.

Our DeGooyer family continues to grow!
We are grateful the Browns married in to our crazy crew!
And of course, we added our Colorado daughter, Sheila!
I love this lady!
Alicia Brown and Me
Eating lunch.
Skittles loves his Cheetos.
Love this guy!
He was "in his element."
He loves the water.
I think he wants to join the Browns in their rafting hobby.
Was DeGooyer Day a success?  YES!  I love my family!  I'm soooo grateful for this silly, wonderful tradition of ours!  I'm already looking forward to next year!

1 comment: