Tuesday, November 29, 2011

FINISHED



My novel is written! I completed my 50K words last night. It was not easy. There were times when I felt that the best part of my novel was the page numbering.

I have a new found appreciation for novelists now. As I walked through the book section of our local Walmart yesterday, I realized the time, blood, sweat, and tears that went into each of those books.

I really like what John Steinbeck said of writing, "The profession of book writing makes horse racing seem like a solid, stable business."

I don't think I'll be writing another novel any time soon.... But my youngest daughter will probably be a famous novelist one day! I'll appreciate it all the more... and get autographed copies of her books.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! My mom did that Nanowriro (or whatever the abbreviation is!) a few years ago and loved it! So much work! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete