Wednesday, November 9, 2011

MICHAEL VEY BOOK REVIEW

Wow! I just finished reading Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans and I couldn't go to bed until I blogged about it. It was great! As a parent of two daughters, I have been concerned with the decline of positive media options available to my kids. The story of Michael Vey is very exciting and enjoyable to read, but on a different level the book also teaches and reinforces positive values. It shows that it is okay to love your family and that it is cool to be smart. It encourages personal integrity and the courage to stand up for what you believe. I also liked how the hero of the book suffered from Tourette's Syndrome. I would recommend this book to everyone. I can't wait for my girls to read it! And I can't wait for the next book in the series.

1 comment:

  1. What in the world are you doing READING?! This is NaNoWriMo. I have written four essays this week: two for the remainder of Nov. (Thanksgiving themes, one for Christmas, and one for New Years. No work on my book, but the column is doing pretty well for me.

    ReplyDelete