Sunday, November 6, 2011

WEEK IN REVIEW

It has been a VERY busy week for us. Scott had surgery on his knee (Tuesday morning). We left for the hospital at 8:15 a.m. and didn't get home until 6:30 p.m. He is in a lot of pain, but they cleaned out all the mess in his knee. He took the entire week off of work, but plans to return to work tomorrow (Monday).

We are still trying to move in. It's difficult with an "disabled" husband. To make things more difficult, I injured my back moving boxes last week. My doctor told me to take it easy (ie. not lifting boxes or bending over, etc.). Needless to say, we are still living out of boxes. Hopefully this week will be more productive...
On Thursday morning, Key Lime Pie and Kotten Kandy made t-shirt dresses. They learned how to make them from Jan M. (a wonderful woman in our ward). I thought the dresses turned out really cute. They got tons of compliments on them at church today. They also made a cute baby gift for Brandie's baby shower on Friday. They made a Noah's Ark pillow toy.
Speaking of Brandie's shower, it went well. Amy B. and I made TONS of delicious food. And it looked really cute! We had about 30 people attend. We played "Name That Disney Tune." I LOVE that game! And Amy played a matching game complete with candy bars to go with the matches. For example: Matching "First Time Dad" = Butterfinger. Matching "Breastfeeding" = Milky Way. Matching "Nursing Bra" = Reece's Big Cup. Matching "Triplets" = 3 Musketeers. And my favorite: Matching "Conception" = Score. It was really funny! And Brandie was spoiled! I'm glad. She is such a sweet person! And we are excited to hold her new baby boy in about a month!

NaNoWriMo is still going strong in our house. Writing is our main thing right now. It seems like that is all we do. Today was my first day of real "writer's block." I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment