Monday, June 1, 2015

JAM, WALKS AND A RECITAL

Another busy week has flown by.  But this time I am going to report backwards... saving the best for last.
Today we made jam with Jan!  We worked HARD!  We made 62 jars.  We made peach jam, blackberry jam, raspberry jam, plum jelly, apple/pear jelly, strawberry rhubarb jam, etc. etc. etc.  It was loads of fun, and rewarding to see the results.  (Thank you, Jan, for sharing your fruit with us.)  We plan on making another 60 jars tomorrow too!
Last week, on one of our walk/runs, we ran into this big guy on the trail.  He was so ugly!  And big.  You can't tell by the picture but he was easily two feet long from tail to head.  His shell was a little over a foot in diameter.
Last week we also enjoyed a BBQ and swim with the Fieldings!  We LOVE this amazing family!  Kotten Kandy had a blast with her friends!  (Unfortunately Key Lime Pie had to work....  So she did not join us.)
My music recital was last Thursday night.  Four of my students couldn't make it due to vacations, illness, and birth of babies.  It was a small event.  I was really proud of all my students.  But my own daughter, Kotten Kandy really shined!!!!!  She has grown so much as a performer.  She is a natural on stage and really makes us smile!  A video link will be coming later... when I figure out how to do it.  She really did a cute job and I wish ya'll could see it.  She sang "I Enjoy Being a Girl" and "Dueto Buffo De Due Gatti."  Both songs were adorable!


2 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there too. She is so stinking cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've really been jamming things us! Rewarding, isn't it? Tell Jan I appreciate her for all she's done with and for my girls...
    Weren't we there for the recital last year at this time? I think we were. And Katia (along with her older sister) stole the show then too! Katia, I have a present for you and can't wait till you're here to give it to you in person! Wish Kiara could manage work and travel at the same time - or something. Love you all,
    Mom/Mil

    ReplyDelete