Sunday, May 24, 2015

OF BEES AND GARDENS

While I was writing a talk yesterday, my family worked in the garden and with the bees...
The white buckets contain tomato plants - apparently they grow better when they are contained like that.  We have watermelon, cantaloupe, spaghetti squash, pumpkins, corn, carrots, onions, beans, black berries, etc. etc. etc. and I can't remember what else.  Scott and the girls LOVED planting and mulching... but they didn't enjoy the sunburns so much.
We started with three hives.  But Queen Luxa didn't make it.  Queen Navani is thriving!  And Queen Lavina is doing alright.  We love our bees.  We especially love the honey.
Key Lime Pie took the next two pictures.  Aren't they absolutely amazing?

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Pictures. OK - so this post makes me smile! Wish I could have been out there with you for the day. Ken read this with me said we are going to name our Queen Bee Queen Amidala :P Thanks for that fun thought! Love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, the bee pictures are great! Kiara, did you use the zooooom lens? I;m surprised you got even that close. :)
    Ken and Katia, I'm thinking you planted the garden, and it looks really great! Way to go...
    Sundy Lea, I'd guess that your talk went very well indeed. Now I'm wondering what Girls' Camp will mean for sure to you.
    Take care, Mom/Mil

    ReplyDelete