Sunday, May 22, 2016

HUMOR

I really do like to laugh.  I don't laugh out loud as much as my husband and daughters (mostly because I'm usually rolling my eyes at them in silent laughter).  My humor is usually a bit more simple - I really laugh at the things kids say!  I wanted to document a few of my favorite funny stories before I forget them.  (I know I've already forgotten a lot of things....)  Some of these stories are about my own daughters but I also have a couple of friends who have shared some of their stories with me.  So...  Enjoy!
***
When Kotten Kandy was in Primary, I was the music leader.  I was teaching them the song "Praise to the Man."  It's a catchy song and Kotten Kandy enthusiastically went about the house singing it.  Unfortunately, it has a LOT of big words.  So I heard her singing, "Praise to the man who CONDEMNED with Jehovah!"  I explained that the word was communed.  So a few hours later she sang again, "Praise to the man who CONSUMED Jehovah!"  She really changed the meaning.
***
I whispered: I love you, Jelly Bean!
3 year old, Jelly Bean (whispering also):  Hail Hydra!
***
Another friend's son was learning about plants.  His brother asked him where chocolate comes from. 
He answered:  "It comes from Sister DeGooyer!"
***
On a road trip, we often make Pit Stops for treats and bathroom breaks.  Key Lime Pie affectionately calls them "PIG Stops," because we "PIG" out!
***
Jelly Bean:  I want to go live with Sundy because she has a cooler van and tractor!
Amy (his mom):  Sundy doesn't have a van or a tractor.
Jelly Bean (accusingly):  Did Scott take them?
***
I was teaching the song "The Thinks You Can Think... (when you think about Seuss)" from the musical Seussical to my show choir.  One of the young boys was also learning about Greek mythology.  He began singing, "Oh the thinks you can think, when you think about... ZEUS!"
***
My daughters loved singing "That Don't Impress Me Much" when they were young girls.  One day we were jamming to the tune for the millionth time when Shania Twain sang, "So you're Brad Pitt?  That don't impress me much!" Kotten Kandy begged me to pause it and asked, "What's a Brad Pitt?"
***
One a walk with Jelly Bean he explained, "Half moons fly higher!"
***

2 comments:

  1. lol - I love kiddos :) Thanks for the laugh! PS - I love the pictures to go with the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh... I want some of those days back again. Not that I don't like/enjoy teenagers - but I love those cute grand daughters! Mom/Mil

    ReplyDelete