Friday, May 20, 2016

MY FAVORITE MUSICIANS

I LOVE teaching music!  I LOVE these awesome kids!  Last night was my semi-annual Spring Recital.  My students knocked it out of the park!  Every single one of them was fantastic and I am one proud music teacher!
Not only did all of my "kids" do GREAT, my own daughter was truly AMAZING!  She sang "On My Own" from Les Miserables and "My Strongest Suit" from Aida.  She made everyone cry one moment and smile the next.  What talent!  She is really a natural performer - and I'm not being prejudice....
"On my own
Pretending he's beside me
All alone
I walk with him till morning
Without him
I feel his arms around me
And when I lose my way I close my eyes
And he has found me."
"Oh now I believe in looking
Like my time on earth is cooking
Whether polka dotted,
Striped or even checked."
"With some glamour guaranteeing 
Every fiber of my being
Is displayed to quite remarkable effect...
For dress has always been
My strongest suit!"
I'm blessed to be involved with these fantastic kids!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Well, fruit doesn't fall far from the tree. :-) Said a wise old man once, over and over and over and over to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it was such a success, and wish we could have been there. Katia, keep up on both numbers so you can sing for another audience - when? In August! Love YOU all, Mom/Mil

    ReplyDelete