Thursday, June 8, 2017

AGED TO PERFECTION

Today is my best friend's birthday!  He's 44!  Let me tell you some of the reasons why this man is my favorite.

  • He loves God.  He loves Him more than he loves me.  And I'm OK with that.  He encourages me to grow spiritually all the time and sets an example for all of us of true discipleship!
  • He loves me.  Every day he tells me.  Everyday he shows me.  Every day he serves me.  He tries to speak my love language - so that I will know how much he loves me.  He's truly a romantic!
  • He believes me.  He thinks I can do anything and everything.  He's constantly encouraging me to be the best I can be.
  • He loves his family.  Our daughters are so blessed to have such an amazing father who loves spending time with them, talking with them, playing with them, etc.  And he loves our extended families as well.  I love his love of our families!
  • He is industrious.  Hard work is one of his favorite principles/values.  He fixes things.  He works hard.  And he loves being busy doing good things.
  • He is funny and optimistic.  I roll my eyes at his silly dad jokes.  But I love that he loves laughing at himself.  And I love his cute smile.  It was the first thing that drew me to this guy 22 years ago!

I am so blessed to be this guy's eternal companion!  I love this man (even more now than I did when when we knelt across the alter 2 decades ago)!  Happy Birthday, Scott!

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTTIE!!! AND MANY ~ MANY ~ MANY MORE!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to all Sundy said. And our prayers of thanks sound much like the things she talked about... Mom

    ReplyDelete