Friday, March 27, 2020

HOW WE COPE...

Just before Social Distancing was a thing - we hosted Family Home Evening with our Empty Nesters Group.  We watched "The Butterfly Circus" (which is available on YouTube: https://youtu.be/p98KAEif3bI )  I definitely recommend it!  It's wonderful!  I tried to make the evening special with butterfly treats.  I made the chocolates and cut the cheese into butterfly shapes.
Yummmm!
Colored Chocolate Butterflies!
Cheese and Crackers!
And my sister sent me this picture of my Colorado daughter and my Utah daughter saying goodbye in Colorado.  They both made it safely - and before the entire shutdown of everything.  I miss them both.
Kiera and Sheila
Speaking of my daughters... I gave Sheila her Easter dress early because she was leaving us for a short time.  Isn't she lovely?
Aunn SheShe - as Skittles calls her!
I mowed the lawn for the first time this season.  I was exhausted and filthy.  But it was a good social distancing thing to do.
That is grass under my eyes!
And I really love our Popcorn Tree out in front of our house.  It brings me joy!
So every year in the weeks leading up to Easter, Katia and I have a little tradition of watching Jesus Christ Superstar while eating Zaxbys.  Although we do not agree with all the doctrine of the musical, we do appreciate what Christ did for each of us and we choose to focus on that part of the film.  Well... this year she's in Idaho on her mission.  So Kiara and I continued the tradition without her.  We really missed her, but we were excited to see that dozens of people do the same tradition - we could tell because the line to Zaxby's drive-thru was clear out to the street!  I hope they enjoy their lunch and the story of Easter.  We did.
This picture doesn't do the line justice.
But we are happily waiting for our food.
Time to eat and watch!
This guy also keeps us happy while in quarantine:
Grandma and Grandpa are really in love with Skittles:

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, this blog really touched my heart. The first picture - what you don't do with friends! I admire that in the two of you. Sundy, I'm proud of you for doing your yard! And I love your tree. You are ahead of us 'in blossoming'...Cute pic of you in the car with Kiaara, and way-cute GRAND and GREAT Grand son!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete