Monday, March 2, 2020

SISTER DeGOOYER - WEEK 35

"And it shall come to pass that the Lord God shall commence his work among all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people, to bring about the restoration of his people upon the earth." -2 Nephi 30:8

"Works do not get us into heaven; it is by our works that we show God where we want to be." - Words of Wisdom from Sister Soto

"When I walk into Walmart I feel like I'm home." - Sister Gilson ðŸ˜‚

***

Welcome back, friends, to the inconsistent weekly emails from Sister DeGooyer. Another week has passed, congratulations!

It was a good week on the study and spiritual side of things. Everything else..... just kidding. Although, I feel like last week was a high and so, logically, it would be hard to beat. You'll be glad to know (or sad, I guess it depends on what type of person you are) that Missionaries do have weeks where they are so dang tired, and the best they can do is keep plugging along. That was this week, I had motivation- pockets full of it- but almost no energy. Still, it was a week of miracles despite the tiredness.

We had an exchange at the very start of this week. I joined Sister Chidester on campus as a YSA missionary. It was so weird; there is no other word for it! YSA missionaries live a different life style. It was fun though, and I enjoyed getting to know Sister Chidester better.

We got to eat with the Rauma's and Riley's this week. ❤ I honestly love them! Sister Rauma, Sister Riley, Sister Soto, and I are finalizing our plans for our trip to California, Summer of 2021. Santa Barbra here we come!

Goodness, my studies this week have been incredble! I wish I could write on here everything that I have studied and learned, however, I don't think many of you would care to read that much. So, I'll just give you a little bit of the insight I've gained this week...

The first half of the week I was preparing for the training I had been assigned to give in District Council. The training was on inspired questions. I decided to take it to the scriptures, because I wasn't sure what more I could train them on beyond the fact that it is important to ask inpired questions with the Spirit. It shortly became clear to me that most of the inspired questions in the scriptures are directed towards God. I then concluded that there must be a link between asking inspired questions in your teaching and asking inspired questions to God; but what was the connection? After reading all of the references in the topical guide under, "ask," "question," "inquire," and "petition," I still could not find my answer. It did not come to me until I was baring my testimony at the end of my training. Here is the connection I found: As we ask God inspired questions, we will find them come more readily to our minds when we talk to people. Inspired questions should not just be a pattern for our teaching, but also for our lives. The only way we can effectively ask an inspired question is through the Holy Spirit, and a sure way to have the constant companionship of the Spirit is through sincere prayer. - It may not seem to be a big revelation, but it was to me. I love connecting things like this. :) I gave my district a challenge and I want to extend it to all of you. Ask God. Follow the example of Joseph Smith, and ask God an inspired question! You will not only recieve your answer, but it will open the opportunity and ability for you to recieve more answers. 

Goodness, that wasn't a short thought and there is so much more I wish I could share with you. It sufficeth me to say that God is good and as we seek learning by study and by faith, God will give us to know of the mysteries of his Kingdom! 

Have a great week! 

Love, 
Sister DeGooyer 

P.S. What would your life be like without the Book of Mormon? 

P.S.S. How have the events that followed the First Vision made a difference for you and your loved ones?

P.S.S.S. How do you hear the Savior? 

Remember when I lost this? A little boy in one of our wards found it! ...8 weeks later...
Exchanges with Sister Chidester 
Crumble- Grand Opening- Free Cookie Day 
Hiking - Pday fun! 
Gilson ❤
The squad 
Awkward pic 

1 comment:

  1. Katia Rae, You inspire me! I have found that revelation comes after we put in the effort. You did your study and asked God for inspiration and he gave it to you in the very moment it was needed - not before. All that comes from Faith. Thank You for Sharing your faith filled inspirational story with us!!!

    ReplyDelete