Monday, March 23, 2020

SISTER DeGOOYER - WEEK 38 - COVID-19

Day 3 of Isolation

It's not as bad as it sounds, but yes, the Idaho Pocatello Mission has entered a loose isolation. We cannot be face to face with anyone besides our companion, our districts, and of course our mission leaders. Despite those exceptions, our contact with the elision (forgive me if I have used that word out of context), is limited. We can still go outside our apartment, but only for fresh air and exercise. We welcome any opportunity and have gone for a run, a bike ride, and a walk everyday of our "isolation".
We are utilizing our technology and are doing our best to keep contact with those we have been teaching. It has been fun communicating with people over video and voice call. We also are using our social media to the fullest, for those of you who follow me on facebook watch for my daily posts. :)

It is interesting to me how quickly situations can escalate. On Tuesday we were told that we were no longer able to knock on doors; on Wednesday we had an inspiring district conference with president; on Thursday Elder Nickel (my DL) had to return home a week early to Canada; and then on Friday we were informed that we could no longer interact face to face with people. On Saturday we got transfer news, and on Sunday I started packing. AND now it's Monday. :P

As crazy as it sounds- and believe me, it IS crazy- life is good! We are learning and growing in different ways because of this quarentine. At our District Conference president shared with us alot of great things, I wish I could write them all down, but I am going to give you one that stuck with me especially. He said, "If I ever went to prison I would come out ten times stronger, smarter, and more spiritual than ever before. Why? Because I would have no distractions." That has stuck with me, and while I may not be in prison, I am going to do my best to follow this creed.

Oh! Transfer news! I am going back to Pocatello, except I will be in the Pocatello Zone, not the Chubbuck Zone. I am excited to serve, back in a place that feels so much like home. I am sad to leave Kimberly without a proper goodbye to the friends I have made here, but I know that God has a plan! :)

"These are dark times we live in," but I know that if we only remember "to turn on the light" we will make it through. Ten points to Gryffindor for anyone who can guess what I was quoting/referencing! ;)

Turn to the scriptures. Pray. Hear Him this week! I love y'all, and please, please, be safe!

Sister DeGooyer 

One of our best friends here brought us a "sunshine" gift basket with flowers. ðŸ’›
Stuck inside 
Goin for our run 
We're optimistic for the future 
Goodbye to Elder Nickel

PLOT TWIST: we just got a call from the APs, I am staying in Kimberly and training,  again.... 
Sister Soto is going to Jerome to be a Spanish missionary

2 comments:

  1. Love the quote from Dumbledore! I love my Idaho Missionary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't we blessed to be represented by such a missionary?! YES, a hundred times over! Mom/Gma

    ReplyDelete