Sunday, April 12, 2020

HE IS RISEN!

SD2
The Lillywhites
We love Easter Sunday.  Even in quarantine, we dressed in our Easter best - new dresses for the girls (including our missionary daughter) and ties for the guys.  Of course, Skittles got a whole adorable outfit.
Sundy and Scott
Kiara, Cody and Skittles
Sister Katia DeGooyer
Scott has turned into one of his gnomes during this quarantine...
Rockin' the beard!
Learning to walk...
We then partook of the sacrament and had beautiful Easter messages from Scott and Cody.
Dinner was delicious!  Everyone pitched in.  (I forgot the yeast for the rolls - so we had unleavened bread... but somehow that is appropriate this time of year.)  The Bettenhausens helped us celebrate by sharing sweet potato casserole.  We sure love and miss them like crazy!  (I asked for pictures of "my" Bettenhausen kids - and I got some!  I love 'em like crazy!)
The Bettenhausens
We got to talk to Katia for Easter too.  She is happy!  And looks great as she modeled her Easter dress.
Then we dyed Easter eggs.  Skittles enjoyed breaking them and just spending time with all of us.
Beautiful, patient blue!
Paint!
Smiles!
The egg did not last very long!  But the smile did!
My favorite was the covid egg!
Scott was ambitious!
A dragon egg and a scene with clouds...
See the dragon?!  What talent!
He is Risen!
Egg-celent!
After everything, we played Nuns on the Run: a gift from our Bettenhausens for Easter.  It was super fun!  Thank you!!!!
I want to end Easter with my testimony and a poem I wrote today:
THE GIFT OF EASTER
Because of Easter, I know that winter isn’t endless.
Because of Easter, I believe I am not friendless.
Because of Easter, I vouch that the sun will shine.
Because of Easter, the plan is well defined.
Because of Easter,  His life paved the way.
Because of Easter, I’ll follow Him and obey.
Because of Easter, Christ lives to emphasize:
The gift of Easter is knowing I too shall rise.
The gift of Easter is refining our scope.
The gift of Easter is everlasting hope.


3 comments:

  1. Wow = Poem! Love it!
    Happy Easter to ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful day, for sure...
    There can't be another Lillywhite kiddo. This one has already stolen the show! His 'egg' pic could be an ad for the Easter Bunny himself!
    Mom, Gma Mil

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dress from Easter, Sundy! Looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete