Monday, April 6, 2020

SISTER DeGOOYER - WEEK 40 - COVID-19

Oh. My. Goodness.
General Conference was AMAZING! There were so many miracles that went into this weekend! Which I will explain in the following letter…. ðŸ˜‰
My email from last week, did not end up being able to send, which was unfortunate – but, all things happen for a reason. I essentially told everyone that my companion, Sister Horton, and I made a goal to teach as many members the lesson of the Restoration before General Conference. What an amazing experience it was! We taught at least 1 lesson a day to a member, and honestly I felt like we got the better end of the deal! I learned so much hearing these good members testify of the restoration, the prophet: Joseph Smith, Jesus Christ, prayer, and so many other good principles that can be taken away from the account of the first vision! Seriously, I think one of the best questions to ask people is “What have you learned from preparing for General Conference?” OR “What have you discovered as you’ve studied the restoration this year?” We got to kick off our final day to prepare for General Conference by video calling our families and sharing with them that same message! It was so good to talk to them and hear their personal experiences with their preparation!
I mentioned, Sister Horton, she is my new companion. Fresh out of 4 weeks  in the MTC. She was learning deutsh, so that she could go serve her mission in Frankfurt, Germany. She got evicted from the MTC 2 weeks early and temporarily reassigned to Poky, Idaho. She is handling the change better than I would have. She is also from Utah, and her favorite color is blue. Oh! She is also an artist, a really good one.
We’ve found a lot of success and miracles as we’ve utilized our technology and have reached out to our members. It has been incredible! I think we are more busy now, then we were before this whole coronavirus thing. We found a new person this week, kudos to our members reaching out to us and giving us someone to contact on facebook. We also have been able to engage with our people on a whole new level video calling, voice calling, and texting them daily. We have a lesson this week over video with a family that I have been trying to teach since I got here! It has been so cool to see the miracles that come when we adapt and press forward!
As I mentioned before, General Conference was amazing and like nothing we have seen before! A new proclamation, given and read to us by the prophet himself! We got to participate in the Hosanna Shout! We learned, were spiritually fed, and energized for the future. For Christ will return and it is our job to prepare a world, a people, for his coming!
My heart is full! I urge you to ponder this week leading up to Easter Sunday how you can better hear our Savior. We must hear, hearken, and heed, every prompting.
Our dear prophet also announced a fast on good Friday. I encourage you all to participate in this. Pray, if you will, specifically for the medical teams and doctors and for those who are at a higher risk of infection. Miracles come when we pray and fast individually. Imagine what can happen if the whole world joins in this fast. Our prophet, who speaks for our Savior – so in reality, our Savior – has asked it of us.
Much love,
Sister DeGooyer
P.S. You can also sign up for a daily #HearHim message at hearhim.org. Scroll to the bottom of the page and the directions will be there. This will only be for this week, so sign up quick, these messages are inspiring and help us to keep that sacred covenant that we made at baptism: “to always remember Him.”
(RULE UPDATE: No more gatherings of missionaries larger than 4, 2 companionships. You cannot gather with missionaries of the opposite gender – we also must wear face masks in public.)
Face Masks

Comp Selfie
I got a muffin!  💓
It's still cold here...
in fact, it is snowing.

1 comment: