Tuesday, January 5, 2021

SISTER DeGOOYER - WEEK 79

 Another week has come and gone.

I was looking at our area book to remember what happened this week and we did A LOT of contacting. We talked to a ton of people this week! Had some tender moments with some of the people we are teaching and met some new people who we referred to other missionaries.

We got a gift card to Texas Roadhouse-- which got me thinking that even though I am allergic to horses, I can be country. Haha, it was good to sing to the old country songs that were playing on the speakers and order something new (10 out of 10 recommend the fried chicken with gravy). My favorite part about going to Texas is the multitude of people! We can talk to everyone there, and they are just sitting there ready to hear the message we have to share. It's beautiful, plus, people who eat at Texas are my favorite kind of people (it's not at all personal if you don't like eating there- your application has already been submitted and I love you).

Yesterday, we were on fire! Sunday's are the hardest days, still, when you put your shoulder to the wheel, even when you're exhausted, miracles happen! Sister Sifford and I taught some powerful lessons, where the Spirit of God was definitely speaking through us; it's beautiful when that happens! Most often it is when we testify of our Savior, that we can feel an overwhelming sense of the Spirit. Those two have a special bond and it is cool to find myself in the middle of it as I teach truth! 

What a wonderful week to start the New Year; Sister Sifford and I both have colds; it is socially acceptable to wear facemasks; so we continued to preach- just with more frequent and accidental naps during meal times.

We are planning this week to be the best of our missions and I am excited! I am excited to see what obstacles get thrown at us. I am excited to see how our Savior will strengthen us.

Goodness, 2020, was a year; unorthodox as it is, 2020 was one of the best years I have ever lived. I will forever be grateful for all that I learned and became in that year. I will forever be grateful for all the people  that I met, they will forever hold a place in my heart. I met some of my best friends this year; I saw a couple of incredible miracles this year. As oneRepublic would say, I lived!

Sister DeGooyer 

the zone 
texas roadhouse 

1 comment:

  1. This may be the last? Hard to believe but it doesn't seem real either... You've more than done your duty, mother of the missionary. Well done! MOM/MIL

    ReplyDelete