Friday, January 1, 2021

OH WHAT A NIGHT! 2020+1

 I love New Year's Eve! I love hanging out with my family and friends! I love that Amy always makes it fun and special and hosts the gathering! I love that I got to make a new friend this year - and I already love Nicole! I love eating all the delicious foods! I love playing fun games! I love making predictions for the new year! I love getting a kiss from my favorite man at the stroke of midnight! And I love new year's resolutions! 

Here are our goals for 2021 (youngest to oldest):

Skittles (It was past his bed time for sure!)
Raisin is precocious and precious!

I'm loving Jelly Bean's goal and missing tooth!
My new friend (I'll call him Jello.)
He's ambitious: back flips, side flips and read the entire Book of Mormon!
Apple Pie makes me smile!
He wants to take pictures of birds, get a Nintendo Switch and write 15,000 words for NaNoWriMo!
Another new friend! (I'll call him Jam.)
His writing is small...
But he assures me that the Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordin is a wonderful book series!
Marmalade is one of my favorite humans!
Her goals are to:
learn a new song every month
write a second book
draw twice a week
finish editing her book (perhaps publish it)
write a song
sew a plush
and learn Kalimba or panfute
Nuts recently (2 weeks ago) had jaw surgery... He is still swollen... Hence the Ouch! and Pow!
His goals: 1. write a whole novel 2. read the Book of Mormon 3. get a job 4. get his driver's licence
Jacob always is determined to set lots of resolutions:
finish his trilogy
increase his running speed
go on a mission for the Church
get an excellent score on his ACT
publish his first book
improve his sills and learn some new ones
My daughter makes me smile!
She has many more goals than this, but she just picked one for the picture!
I love her new cowboy hat!
Her father-in-law got it for her so she could be a "Texan!"
Her smile is contagious!
My son is truly amazing!
He is also very accomplished!
And artistic!
And athletic!
And adorable!
And I just realized all these adjectives start with A... that wasn't on purpose.
I really enjoyed getting to know Nicole!
Kiara and Amy were right - she's really awesome!
I can't wait to get to know her better!
Nicole's husband, Josh, is a kindred spirit!
We all want to "Take Back America!"
And I love Amy!  She's my best friend for a reason!
She is talented and keeps me grounded!
We really build each other up and she makes me a better person!
Here are her 5 goals:
1. Run a 10k
2. Finish draft 2 of book 2
3. Finish draft 1 of book 3
4. Contact a publisher or attend a writing conference
5. Take a class
Mark is working on his health goals by riding 100 miles on his bike!
(And he means bicycle - not motorcycle!  If you know Mark, you know why I must clarify!)
He is always making things fun!
I have a huge list of goals too!
I always do.
And my husband is truly one of my heroes!
He is a spiritual giant, in my eyes!
Look at my adorable grandson!
My boys are looking good in their Texas garb!
Kisses at midnight are tight!
Skittles was soooo tired.
I took this picture at 11:30 PM.
His bed time is usually 7:00 PM.
And he didn't make it to midnight....
But I enjoyed the first cuddles of 2021!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!  I hope that all of my friends and family who read this blog have their dreams and goals and resolutions all come to fruition!  Let's MAKE 2021 awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Love Kiara's Texean Hat!!! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and it is official 2021!!! Such a goal-writing family!!! I think I'll take your lead and put a couple on paper. They say if you do, you are more apt to make them happen. HAPPY NBEW YEAR! Mom/Mil

    ReplyDelete