Sunday, January 31, 2021

DeGOOYER MINUTIA

As Katia would say, "It's been a fat minute" since I've blogged.  We've been just doing trivial and ordinary daily tasks of staying alive and striving to be the best we can be.  Sometimes we get so caught up in our own routines, that I wonder if anyone really wants to read about what we are up too.  Getting older makes things much more unremarkable, but there is joy in the ordinary.  And being married to Scott keeps things exciting and fun.  He makes me laugh.

The hardest thing that has happened in the past two weeks was that I sliced my pointer finger on my left hand while cutting tubes for work.  It was bad.  (I should have gone to the doctor.)  I wasn't able to play the piano or cello for 5 days.  I also wasn't able to finish cutting 13 boxes of tubes because of the injury.  Luckily I'm OK now.

This is the second bandage - because the other one bled through.
I tried to get a picture of the actual cut for my sister, but I wasn't able to.
No one else would want to see it anyway...
While I have been cutting tubes, Kiara has been working at the warehouse for the last week.  I get to babysit my grandson!  He's adorable!  And I had a hard time narrowing down pictures of Skittles to only these few:

He is so focused on his toys.  This is his focus face.
Knick Knack Paddy Wack Give Skittles a Bone
This face makes me laugh!
That smile has completely stolen my heart!
I was able to take pictures of my son for his website portfolio.  Look how handsome he is!

"MY" Boy!
The Bettenhausens are soooo happy Katia is home:

Katia was about to drop them....
I remember my little brother, Ben, reading Hank the Cowdog books when he was Jelly Bean's age... so I got him the first book in the series.  He started reading it right away!  It made me so happy!

He's a reader!
We were able to go visit with one of our YSAs on Thursday night.  Zhong took us on a tour of his lab and show us the nano-robot he created.  It is the size of a speck of dust, but it is able to fly with lasers.  It's really fascinating!  I loved learning about chemistry and seeing the clean room....

Zhong is super smart!  I love this guy!
This is a normal slide to look at under a microscope.
The piece of dust on the left side of the dark square is his robot.
It's fascinating!
Katia is showing off the contraption complete with the lasers.
This picture is for my dad.
It's another speck of dust (under amplification) in the form of a real guitar.
Scott and I are blessed with REALLY good friends!  These are the kinds of friends who strive to live good lives through the gospel of Jesus Christ.  These are the kinds of friends who you "adopt" as family when parents and siblings live far away.  These are the kinds of friends who build us up.  These are the kinds of friends who love our children and we love their children.  These are the kinds of friends whom we have formed a tribe with in order to help each other through good and bad times.  But because of the business of the world, we sometimes have to make up reasons to celebrate and get together.  Hence, the Post Holiday Blues Party!  I love these guys so much!  (We've decided we need to get together once a month for preparedness learning together!  I can't wait!)

Katia - Cody - Kiara - Amy - Mark - Reagan - Sheila - Mark
Scott - Me - Teresa - Tony

2 comments:

  1. Blues Party maybe you ought to copyright it and sell it on line - for people feeling blue cause of Covid and the world we are living in?!
    Cute great grandkid I have! Hello to all the rest... MOM/MIL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - amazing specs of dust - I'd be afraid of losing them!
    Your grandson is a doll. 🤟

    ReplyDelete