Wednesday, October 6, 2021

A "HUGE" PLAY DAY

 We needed to play.  It's been too long since we've had a field trip with our Bettenhausens.  So we ventured to Bernheim Forrest to see the Giants.  It was a wonderful day!  Skittles walked for over a mile and then was carried (by me) for the second mile.  (Yes... I was soooo sore the next day.)  And Starburst got sick at the end... (probably the heat and car sick). But it was worth it.  We enjoyed the outdoors, the giants and the company.  We laughed.  We got exercise.  And we enjoyed PBJ (with Kiara and my homemade jam).  I needed a day to reconnect with my bestie!  So glad for the day of play.

MY kids!
Marmalade, Starburst, Skittles, Raisin, Jelly Bean and Apple Pie
Baby Giant discovering his reflection...
Skittles was a bit nervous of the giants at first, but quickly realized they were awesome!
I had to get one picture of me with my favorite (so far) grandchild!
For only a moment, he allowed his mommy to carry him.
Then it was only grandma...
My daughter is an amazing mother.
Skittles is blessed to be her first born.
Mommy Giant is pregnant.
And we all enjoyed patting her enormous belly.
"Look, dad!  It's a dragon skull!"
Skittles
Skittles loved pointing out all the "water!"
And Raisin loved being a "big sister" of sorts to Skittles.
So.... the size comparison is impressive!
Our crew!  I honestly love them all!
Grandma HAD to get matching giant shirts for Skittles and Starburst!
I love being a grandma!
Giants are SOOOOOOO amazing and grand!
But these kids are even more wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what an unbelievable place. Sometimes I'm just blown away at what men can do with the God-given talents they possess! Gma Mil with Love

    ReplyDelete