Wednesday, October 6, 2021

CHERISHED TRADITIONS

I don't express, often enough, how much I love the restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I am so grateful my Heavenly Father has provided prophets and testimonies and a plan of salvation for us.  And I really am thankful that twice a year we get to listen to His leaders and apostles as they direct us to live more Christ-like lives.  

And I'm really grateful for friends and family that celebrate this semi-annual tradition with us in special and memorable ways.  I'm also thankful that even when my family (and Scott's family) is far away, I know they are all enjoying and loving the same conference and the same messages of Jesus Christ that we are.  I feel so blessed and fortunate!

Here are some pictures from our celebrations (and a couple from Katia's celebration also):

My Idaho Family!
Katia and Skylar
Can I just say how much I love these two kids of mine?!
They are truly incredible!
Starburst actually wanted to watch conference with Scott and I!
He's completely a different temperament than Skittles:
Skittles is calm.  Starburst likes to be running and doing.
But for about 5 minutes, we were honored with his company!
We were excited that he chose to watch a few moments with us!
Skittles and his dad took notes...
And for a moment, our two boys shared a "pop pop" while listening to the apostles.
Apple Pie is growing up WAY TOO fast.
He watched every moment of the conference!
I remember when he was Skittles age and played quietly through the entire conference.
And Jelly Bean is silly in his Daniel Boon hat....
Grandpa is the favorite conference chair for Raisin, Skittles and Sloth.
Then Starburst wanted a turn.
Skittles, Sloth and Grandma watched the Saturday night session together.
It rained.  Skittles enjoyed watching the down pour.

Then... we had our annual traditional General Conference picnic on Monday.  We eat and talk about our favorite talks, and thoughts and moments in General Conference.  I love making conference last longer.  (I wish I had taken more pictures of the picnic...):
Look at this amazing spider web.  There are about 4 of them all over this bush.
And Scott found this mushroom at our picnic site.
Isn't is fabulous?!
I loved Raisin's sandwich art.  Her sandwich was the most unique!
Skittles wanted grandpa to sit with him for the picnic.
Our 3 youngest kids: Skittles, Starburst, and Raisin
If you asked me my favorite part of general conference I would have to say that I loved ALL the messages.  I especially loved the recurring theme on becoming more Christ-like and having compassion for all of Heavenly Father's children.  I couldn't choose a favorite talk, but among my favorites were (in no particular order):  Elder Holland, President Oaks (believe it or not), Brother Wilcox, Elder Christofferson and President Nelson.  Now I need to reflect, re-read, and work on making myself a better person; one my Heavenly Father could be proud of.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE CONFERENCE!I LOVE your Monday tradition! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually agree with your assessment of the talks for Conference. I was surprised I enjoyed Pres. Oaks' talk as much as I did too. I would add one more though - Rasband. I had not thought much about what Nephi wrote, "Upon these I write the things of my soul." until this talk. I was anxious to write my #s 8, 9, and 10. :) Gma Mil

    ReplyDelete