Thursday, December 12, 2019

NATIVITIES

Last week I participated in the Festival of Nativities with our community. It was an amazing experience! Scott spent 2 whole days decorating my corner.  He used 90 of my nativities. (Only part of them.) Then I was able to bare my testimony of the Savior every day of the event as I organized the story tours and took many people around the display. It was thrilling! Looking back: Scott and I decided our talents were best used the way they were. He is truly a genius when it comes to decorating. And I'm passionate when talking and meeting people - especially when it comes to sharing my testimony. We were both "used" correctly - and we both compliment each other well.
Here's some of my display:
This whole corner is mine!
Sheila gave tours also - missionary prep.
She was out of her comfort zone, but she conquered!
She is truly a beauty!
This is the very first nativity that started my collection.
I saw this nativity at a craft fair with my mom when I was 12 years old.
I fell in love with it.  But it was sold.
Mom convinced the creator to make another one and drove
over 10 hours round trip to get me this precious display.
Grandma T put this homemade nativity 
out on her dining table every Christmas. 
I spent hours looking at this precious nativity.
When she journeyed on, I inherited this beautiful display.
It's one of my favorites!
It reminds me of her AND my Savior.
Katia's nativity!
When our daughters were born, we got each daughter
a nativity for their first Christmas.
It's a wonderful tradition!
And, yes, we already got our grandson one!
This is my newest nativity.
It is really traditional, which I love!
The symbolism in these displays makes it even more dear!
My wonderful mother-in-law gave me this Jerusalem nativity!
Made of real olive-wood, this nativity is dear to my heart!
I love that my mother-in-law loves nativities as much as I do!
Scott REALLY loves gnomes.
Who knew we could find a nativity consisting
completely of these silly creatures!
This one makes me smile!
Being creative is AWESOME!
Scott made this one-of-a-kind nativity out of bottles from work.
I love the creativity.
I love the uniqueness.
I love my husband's quirkiness!
I am truly blessed!  God lives!  Jesus Christ lives!  Because of Easter, we celebrate Christmas!  And I am truly grateful for Him!

1 comment:

  1. You did a beautiful job of sharing your nativities with all of us.
    And your "corner" is magnificent! Your Mom truly does appreciate your creativity!!!

    ReplyDelete