Monday, December 16, 2019

SISTER DeGOOYER - WEEK 24

Goooood morning! 
 
9 days until Christmas! I have had a weird dream every night this week. 

This week, it snowed 4 inches and then froze over. Luckily the day it snowed we were able to shovel our whole street's driveways and sidewalks. It was a fun job and it reminded me of the warehouse, sometimes it just feels good to get out there and work!

We are in full swing for Christmas! A sweet lady in one of our wards, gave us a nativity, a small Christmas tree, stockings, and other various important Christmas-y things! We were so grateful! This week is crunch week! We have planned every spare moment, with service, contacting, and doing other missionary like activities! We are excited to see what all this effort brings come next Sunday aka Show Time. :) We have set a good goal, and we plan on accomplishing it. So, I invite y'all, wherever you may be, to invite a friend to next week's Sacrament meeting. It is a simple invitation, "My church is holding an amazing worship service full of songs about Jesus Christ, this Sunday, at 9am. Would you like to come?" :) 

We have met a couple of really cool people this week! The other night we met a sweet sweet couple: Don and Caroline. We knocked on their door, and they immediately welcomed us into their home. We talked with them for a while about faith in God and the Spirit of God. They shared their testimonies with us, and I found myself crying as they described how he has helped them through some of their hardest trials. I testified of my belief in God, and how he has helped me, and how he helps me every day. It was so good! They invited us back for hot cocoa this upcoming week and we plan to share the new nativity video with them. I am excited to get to know them better, and to hopefully show them the fullness of the truth that the gospel of Jesus Christ holds. 

We got to go to the temple this week! It was so good! My goodness, I love the temple. Without fail, joy and peace fill me everytime I go. This time was no exception! The Twin Falls temple is so beautiful, I think it is one of my new favorites. :) I am so grateful to be in a mission that has the ability and the allowance for us to go every month. 

Sidenote: I found my new passion this week. There is a family here in Kimberly, who is remodeling their home. This week we got to go over and help. My goodness, it was so much fun! Sister Osborne says she could see me flipping homes. So, look out world, Sister DeGooyer the author and flipper of homes! Seriously though, I loved it! 

I hope your weeks have been wonderful! Keep praying and reading your scriptures, it brings so much joy, peace, and clarity. I love y'all so much! 

Sister DeGooyer 

Snow! 
I'm a pro 
Santa and Mrs. Claus 
Classic 
Making jewelry with my district 
Road Trip to Poky
Caulking 

2 comments:

  1. Such a beauty inside and out! Wish she were serving here. I'd snag her for some of my home renovations. 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister DeGooyer = a flipping journalist?! I know I told you - so just reminding - that Great Grandma Sheila's dream was to be a journalist?! Plus, writing is your Gpa Mac's gift for sure, and I'd rather write than do most things! I understand YOU! Gma Mil

    ReplyDelete