Monday, December 2, 2019

SISTER DeGOOYER - WEEK 22

Hello, family and friends!

What a week?! It has been a crazy one, so much has happened. Thanksgiving was great; I got to talk to my family, which I loved! It is always great to hear from them and see what is happening back home. 

What's new: We have a goat wandering around in our backyard, it came from our behind neighbors, but I'm not sure how it got through the fence. I can't decide whether we should call it oreo or chocolate lightning. Haha, it appeared just this morning, so I'm sure we won't be able to keep it. 

We've been walking and walking and walking. Sometimes the wind is so sharp and so cold that it takes your breath away. It is an adventure for sure! We love it though, and my feet have stopped hurting! We sing as we walk, and in my case: dance.(I don't think it says anything about dancing in the new handbook... but, maybe I should read it over again.) 

I have almost finished the Book of Mormon again! It is so good, but the ending is so sad. I can't imagine what it was like to be Mormon or Moroni, to watch your people die by the thousands. I was touched reading Mormon's apology. He knew he had to write their demise, but he did not want us to have to read it because it hurt him so deeply. Even though the end of the Book of Mormon is so terrible, I think the books Mormon and Moroni are my favorite. They are part of the reason I am out here. We read about the great demise of the Nephites; why did they fall? They forgot their Savior. I have realized being out here, how many people have forgotten their Him. So, that is my job, and the job of any true believer in Christ, to share the message of our Redeemer! 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

Much love, 
Sister DeGooyer 

Oreo Lightning and us 
Despite what it may look like, it is a sugar beet 
Decorating for Christmas service 
DeGooyer sandwich!! (Thanksgiving tradition!) 
At first I thought it was a contradiction....
Zone Thanksgiving breakfast 
Walking in the dark- temperature below freezing- in the middle of nowhere 
Me and a really adorable stuffed animal that I wish was mine
Service- we be raking (The irony is that it snowed the next day!) 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping me in the loop, daughter. Her pics are great! And I love that GRAND Daughter! (Gma Mil)

    ReplyDelete