Wednesday, June 3, 2020

2020 DeGOOYER DAY - COVID-19


The Shirts - The Theme
Today was a successful DeGooyer Day!  One of my favorite days of the year!  We celebrated Covid-19 style!  We were Creative, Obsessive, Visionary, Insightful, and shared our Desires (hence: COVID)  It was so wonderful!  Here’s the breakdown of our fun day:
First we ate our traditional DeGooyer Day Donuts.  
Skittles LOVED the donut!
Then GJ taught us a COOL painting technique using blending sky and water together with bright, wonderful colors.  Scott’s painting is my favorite with the pine trees, but I loved the colors in my sky and my tire swing.  
Our instructor: GJ
Scott
Kiara
Cody
Me
Us
The Lillywhites
GJ
Then I taught a short unit on poetry and we all wrote poems.  I finally wrote the words to my song that I’ve been attempting to write for over 2 months.  Now I need to add a melody.  (I have the chords already.)  
Katia called and taught us about the Plan of Salvation!  And Sister Horton sang for us!  Her whole mission is excited to celebrate DeGooyer Day too!  
Sister Horton and Sister DeGooyer
teaching us.
Sister Horton's musical testimony!
Isn't my girl so cute?!
Next, we made some amazing goblets out of clay that Cody taught us how to do.  He made a dragon!  It was truly impressive.  And Scott’s gnome was hilarious.  
Fun with clay!
This is what talent looks like!
My "Full Disclosure" Challice!
Fun with Butterflies!
The Dragon was incredible!
The Gnome's beard goes all around the goblet!
I loved the vine and leaves!
Kiara taught us all how to do felting.  I made two flowers.  Felting is a great way to get out aggression because you literally just stab the felt over and over and over again.  
Stabbing...
Felt Selfie!
The dinosaur was amazing!
GJ loves forget-me-nots!
Our instructor was amazing!
Another dragon from Cody!
We made mini pallets with Scott and then decided it was time for dinner.  
We ate at the Blind Squirrel.  Yummmm!  And it was nice to get out!  
Eating Out!
Learning how to color!
The Lillywhites!
Skittles!
GJ!
SD2!
When we got home, we finished up the pallets and made mini-cakes.  We then learned how to make Dungeons and Dragons characters.  My character was a high elf named Lavinia.  She was a bard.  It was kinda fun to be creative in story telling.  Then we learned about Vision Boards.  I think GJ and I will be making some this week.  And we decorated the mini-cakes. 
Love my yellow cake!
A gnome in bed...
Forget-me-nots are GJ's fave!
A gingerbread cake!
A heart with berries!
It tasted good too!
Yes, it was a super full day.  Yes, it was a super wonderful day.  And yes, the spirit of joy and unity and love and fun were all present.  I’m truly grateful for my DeGooyer family!  (Including our honorary members: Sister Horton, my sister, and the Lillywhites)

1 comment: