Monday, June 29, 2020

SISTER DeGOOYER - WEEK 52

I sat here pondering how to start this email and then I came up with the genius idea of starting it backwards... the only problem is, I can't for the life of me figure out how to write a backwards email. If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to email me at katia.degooyer@missionary.org

WHAT A WEEK?! Somebody, pinch me, because I think I dreamed it up.

First, I'd like to acknowledge that I am in love with my companion. I'm not sure how most of you will take that sentence, but I am leaving it there. But in all seriousness, she is my bestest friend, and I feel like that needs to be recorded.

My birthday was amazing! Seriously, one of the best birthday's of my life. It started with waking up at 5:30, hopping in the shower, and then going on a hike with my district. Sister Horton and I gave a training on the edge of a cliff, next to a roaring waterfall. A couple, came and joined us for the end. They weren't members, but we opened the scriptures with them and asked them to meet with missionaries when they get home from their vacation. They said they would!

Alright fam, we have found 7+ individals/families over the past week and a half to teach. Three of them were on my birthday. If any of you are willing to pray for them please message me and I will give you their names. ðŸ’— They are all so incredible and it's so uplifting to see them grasp onto the truths that we teach them!

We have seen soooo many miracles. We have seen a lot of rejections. The power of the adversary is real. I have learned that more this past week, but it is amazing how little power he has when you don't entertain his influence. We have been talking to literally EVERYONE we see. Haha, it has resulted in some pretty funny moments, but also in some incredibly uplifing moments.

It's been a while since I have written and so let me appease your souls and say that I am here in Kimberly for another fat minute-- 5 more weeks to be not completely exact. I love it here and I am so glad I will be here for 9 months! Woohooo!

We found a lady this week, she was the first contact on my birthday actually. In the first minute of talking to her, she said she had been waiting for us to come. Chills! We had a lesson with her yesterday and are planning another for Wednesday.

Y'all there have been so many amazing moments this week, and last week, and the week before that. God is good! Literally, I don't know where to begin. I am so behind on my jounral too, haha, I plan on catching up today. I don't want to forget a thing.

Here is something! Sister Horton and I have started running again. It feels so good! Not in the moment, though. It's funny, at the beginning of our run we'll just go. In the last stretch, however, we have started motivationally speaking to each other. We are out of energy at that point, completely exahsted, but we have to keep going. We say things like the classic "We can do this!" and "We're strong!" But we have also started talking about missionary work, anyone who watches us probably thinks we're crazy. My favorite the other day was this, "Our running is a pattern for our missionary work." - "We are showing God, that despite all odds we will keep going." - "Despite rejection. Despite the exahstion. Despite the overwhelming feeling that we just want to stop- we will keep going." - "We will keep going, because it will make us stronger, more resilient missionaries." - "We are showing God, that no matter what we face we will come out on top!" - ...and so on and so forth. It is funny, but oddly enough exceptionally motivating and true.

.You satisfied has email this, hopefully, well !July of 4th happy very a you wish and all you love I.

DeGooyer Sister 

birthday gogo
the district 
eat ur greens
the OGs 
...

2 comments:

  1. Sundy Lea - first to you. I'm not sure that Katia gets to read our comments or not. Would you make sure she reads this one? Our new Email address is mccallistergaryl@gmail.com. We only got her letter here - through you - probably because she doesn't have our new one. Donka!
    Then, to the missionary, I love that you love your companion! Having a best friend outside of family is good. I always say, "Gary is my bestest friend, my daughters are next and...friends ARE a blessing. I'm going to send this quicky note off and then say a prayer about the people you are teaching. Let us hear how their progression goess. Love YOU, Gma Mil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! That is what my Sister DeGooyer is. <3

    ReplyDelete