Thursday, October 15, 2020

BEAUTIFUL DISTRACTIONS

Another fun day of spending time with us!  This morning we went to the London Bridge in Lake Havasu.  This is the actual bridge from the nursery rhyme.  How cool is that?!  
"London Bridge is falling down..."
Apparently London always uses dragons... it's some kinda symbol.
Loved the fountain!
And Scott loved the phone booth.
Lions who spit water our tight!
When we see a big chair... we have to take a picture!
And you can see London Bridge in the background!
London Bridge Selfie
I loved this pottery decorated bench.  It reminded me of Isaac's bench!
Then we drove to Vegas for our favorite BBQ restaurant.  We discovered Lucille's when we lived in Vegas... and it has remained a favorite memory.  I'm glad it's still around and still just as delicious!
Lucille's YUMMMMM!
I've always loved their mason jar sodas!
And I love that they give warm towels to clean up!
We also decided to go to the Valley of Fire.  It was truly breath taking!  We wish we had spent more time there.  We would have loved to go hiking (except that it was H-O-T).  We did love the views and the drive.
It was spectacular... this sign doesn't do it justice!
Scott fell on his tooshy moments after this picture...
And unfortunately he broke phone's camera lens.
Love God's beauty!
And I love the holes in the rock... so unique.
There is beauty all around!
And how cool are these Indian petroglyphs?!
"For the beauty of the earth!
For the beauty of the skies!
For the love, which from our birth,
Over and around us lies!"
Scott and I really needed this vacation together.
BTW I've always loved flowers....  Here are a couple:


2 comments:

  1. I love flowers too.🌸 Glad you shared them!
    Hope Scott's tushie is OK.😯
    I also love the petroglyphs!😀👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great day for you. But just how hot was it? Arizona can set the records...
    You two look especially cute in the pic "Beauty All Around". And I agree. Two is a very good number. :) Mom

    ReplyDelete