Sunday, October 11, 2020

"BOO"TIFUL NIGHTS...

 Kiara is 22!  How did that happen?!  My firstborn is growing up.  She is such an amazing person and is definitely one of my very best friends!  She a terrific mother!  She is talented, beautiful and kind.  Scott and I are blessed to call her our Dutch Princess!

Our Dutch Princess!
A mini-bundt cake pan
She is an amazing baker!
She definitely supports wildlife!
We also commemorated the end of General Conference last weekend with our traditional Family Home Evening Picnic.  After enjoying hoagies for dinner, we all discuss our favorite parts/talks of General Conference.  It is always wonderful to make our uplifting weekend last a little longer and I love hearing what Amy's kids share.  I'm looking forward to hearing Starburst and Skittle's contributions as they grow and share in the delight that is General Conference!

Cody and Skittles
Skittle's loves eating outdoors.
So does Jellybean!
Apple Pie made a huge sandwich!
And Raisin was just excited to have soda!
I love this silly family of ours!
And on Saturday we got to go to a baptism for two wonderful kids: Jordan and Kathryn.  What a special day!  What a special experience!  I'm so glad we were able to share in the sacred moment!

ALL FOUR Sister Missionaries with the two baptism-ees!
Kathryn and Jordan!
I was sooooooooo proud of Austin!
His talk on the Holy Ghost was wonderful!
He looks like a missionary!
And tonight we decorated pumpkins with Skittles.  Kiara bought us all pumpkins - and it was tons of fun!  They turned out so unique... just like each of us!

"What is this, mom?"
"This is how you draw a pumpkin face...."
"I got this!"
Kiara's "Happy Halloween"
Cody's "How to Scare Your Dragon"
Skittle's "Interpretation"
My "Day of the Dead"
and Scott's "Boo - Gnome"

AND I got this in the mail:

I'm so excited to read my dad's new book.
I told my father that it was a scientific fact that he's the best dad in the world!
He said, "the data is scarce and no other lab has duplicated the results."
My dad makes me laugh!

2 comments:

  1. Your Dad makes me smile out loud too, Sundy.
    Do you realize how many celebrations you made happen this time? I've counted - six even!
    We did fewer, but who is counting, right?! We got to call and wish Kiara Lea a Happy Day, listen to conference, and call to sing to Yurae, Sage and Trus on the appropriate days. :) We are trying to mimic your enthusiasm even a little bit. :) Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or Dad is the BEST!!!
    Birthdays, picnics, baptisms, pumpkins all equal good times and fun memories!

    ReplyDelete