Tuesday, October 27, 2020

SISTER DeGOOYER - WEEK 69

To whom it may concern,
This week was interesting. Full of highs and lows; ups and downs. Good thing I'm a fan of roller coasters and gratefully the highs broke the atmosphere, and the downs didn't drop below sea level...
There were so many good moments! Between getting into a home that I have tried to get into since I've been here! That would've been good enough, but after a great lesson we found that they are ready to set the date for baptism!
And then I got to see my aunt, uncle and cousins, Shoutout to the Zane McCallister clan for coming to see me! It was so good to be with them for just a bit. I hadn't seen most of them in a little over 3 years, but family has a way of feeling like no time has passed. 
We taught another amazing Restoration discussion. The Spirit was strong as we followed it's direction and even mentioned baptism and left them with an invitation to hit their knees!
Some really great comp studies and a dream every night! This week was incredible, despite some hard moments.
I finished the Book of Mormon just this morning, which as always is a sacred experience.  This time was probably one of my most favorite times, as I read it in a way I have never done before. I read it for my little friend, Joel. I was due to send it to him a month or two ago, but I wanted to take my time and make sure it was a present worth giving. It was neat to open every study, not only asking God to give me inspiration for the day and the people I would see, but also for one of my bestest friends back home. 😀 I have a firm testimony of the divinity of this book and I know that every account held within it's pages are true! It is by this book that we can not only understand our role in God's plan, but we can come to understand and know our Savior! Read this book! REad some of it everyday and your life will change verse by verse.
Have a great week! Happy Halloween!  HAPPY NANOWRIMO!
Eu ti amo,
Sister DeGooyer
Late night comp studies
Oh yeah, we went up into the mountains and burned some anti mormon literature
Guys, it's cold!
Caramel Apples
We're babes!

1 comment: