Sunday, December 13, 2020

CELEBRATE THE SEASON TOGETHER

 I love the Christmas holiday!  And I love spending it with my family!  It's been a fun couple of weeks.

Scott and I went on a date two weeks ago to see the lights at Beckley Park.  It was so fun!  It's the first year... and we expect it to be bigger and better every year.  I think we'll make this a new tradition.  I especially loved the fact that we got to walk through the display.  We took tons of photos. 

Winter Illuminations with my best friend!

Here we go!
Peace on Earth, Good Will to Man!
This is love!
One of our favorite places in Kentucky is Beckley Park!
Now it's more enchanting!
Scott and Dinosaurs!
The detail on the dinosaurs were amazing!
Tunnel of Lights
Us
We also have watched a few of our favorite Christmas movies to celebrate!  Who doesn't love George C. Scott's A Christmas Carol, and Elf, and A Muppet Christmas Carol?  Kiara and I made fudge and snickerdoodles so we could snack and celebrate.  We also watched Fiddler on the Roof on Hanukkah per tradition!  Such a fun time of year!  We've put up all our Christmas decorations (all 300 nativities!)  I LOVE it!  Scott makes it look so beautiful!  And the sister missionaries were able to visit....  I love them!

Scott - Me - Sister Wooley - Sister Wolfley - Sister Larsen

Today Kiara and I were able to play a duet for Shelbyville Ward and the YSA Branch.  We played Linsey Stirling's version of "What Child Is This?"  It's hard to play.... but Kiara wanted a challenge and begged me to play for her.  I told her I'd be her accompanist if we had matching dresses like the old days.  So:

My and my beautiful, talented daughter!

We also did our monthly 5K after church today.  "Running with my GNOMIES" was the theme for this race.  The weather was perfect!  We loved our medals.  And it's a fun tradition that we hope to carry on in 2021 too!  (We were doing virtual races before they were cool!  We started 2 1/2 years ago - because it's less expensive, but still an "event!")

On the way to the park...
Skittles won too!
We all won!
Together Forever!
PURE CUTENESS!
With a little mischievous!

And I am soooo excited to announce that my adorable grandson is a Reader!  He loves reading!  He begs us to read to him all the time.  I'm one proud grandma!
Five books at once!
"Grandpa will read the entire library if I smile cute enough!"

And he likes pie!
We are blessed!!!  More pictures and traditions to come...  Stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that cute little elf & I LOVE that he LOVES books! :)
    I also LOVE your matching dresses. So BEAUTIFUL!!!
    I just LOVE your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas with the DeGooyers - this year in Idaho and next year in Kentucky? Love all our loved ones. Give them hugs for me... Mom/Mil

    ReplyDelete