Wednesday, December 2, 2020

SISTER DeGOOYER - WEEK 74 - QUE TRISTE

 We are losing the Hermana's tomorrow, hence the title of this email. However, just 10 minutes ago I was informed that we are getting 2 completely new sisters in our home... that's all we know. It could be someone I know, it could someone I don't know. At this point in life, I feel like I know almost everyone in the IPM and I am just trying to close my eyes and wait to see what happens. Dropping every expectation makes life a whole lot easier, doesn't it? That's right, fam, this nonsense of a paragraph means that we got transfer news. We have entered the last transfer of my mission- never again will I see my face on a transfer board. 6 weeks left and a whole lot of mixed emotions. As usual, I am defying all the normal stereotypes, I am excited to see my family again, but I am dang excited to keep working up until the last moment. Then I will sleep on a plane; talk to people in the airport about Jesus; hug my family; and settle down into the wonderful permanent state of being a missionary. #initforlifefolks 


This transfer I will be staying and finishing Sister Sifford's training. I am so glad I get to stay, especially since this upcoming week we have two baptisms scheduled and 5 more planned for the transfer. Pray for 7 baptisms this transfer in my area, if you will! I just really want these people to be one step closer to their Savior! 

Sister Sifford and I gave talks in Mountain Park ward this past Sunday and I told them all that I was going to die in their ward. They were a bit confused, but I think they understood after some brief explanation. I followed up with a compliment; honestly I think this is the best place to die. I'm grateful that I get to spend my last transfer in my little slice of heaven Idaho. I've served in the best 3 areas in the mission! 

Alright, I want you to close your eyes and picture this. Sister Sifford and I sitting in a church pew, one family we are teaching sitting next to me and the other on Sister Sifford's right. One of the highlights of my mission folks, it was a glorious Sunday! God is so good! I really do feel exceptionally blessed to end my mission like this. Now I just have to pray really hard! I'm sure this transfer will come with it's own bumps and bruises; and I am super excited to face them! With God anything is possible! 

Romans 8:16-17 was/were my verse(s) of the week! Such a simple and yet profound truth. How can we suffer WITH Christ? 

Don't forget to Light the World this week! I love y'all more than you can comprehend and God loves you infinitely more than that-- don't ever forget it! 

Much love,
Sister DeGooyer 

P.S. my take aways ;) 
2N9:2 established in all their lands of promise
2N9:53 preserved
2N10:7 restored in the flesh
2N10:8 gathered in to the lands of inheritance
2N10:15-16 God will destroy all who fight against zion- destroy the secret works and abominations
2N10:18 Gentiles will be blessed and numbered among the house if Israel
2N10:22 The LORD remembereth us all
2N20:22 a remnant shall return; overflow with righteousness
2N24:1 HE will choose Israel, set them in their own land
2N24:2 take captive those that had taken them captive
2N24:3 REST, from sorrow, fear, and hard bondage 

P.S.S. Hey RM friends, young and old, any advice? 😂😅😬

P.S.S.S. Send me some of your House of Israel insights! 

sister sifford and I
exchanges with Hermana Wade 
Sam and I 
the fam-- dang I'm going to miss them so much
my sistas 
Light the World
rando selfie.... I stole sister wade's glasses 

2 comments:

  1. Countin' the days with you! And we are going to see her and take her to lunch! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete