Monday, December 28, 2020

SISTER DeGOOYER - WEEK 78

This week was weird.

I hope it was the jolliest of weeks for anyone who still reads these emails and everyone else! ;) Merry *belated Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Christmas was fun this year, but as always Christmas on a mission consists of all the weeks leading up to the holiday and then of course, the day. The day was a good one, it was more laid back, which is hard for me. After working in a warehouse for two years, it is hard to slow down. Still we enjoyed spending time with our Zone, calling our families, and visiting our friend: Beth.
I felt exceptionally spoiled! A new water bottle, that I am praying I don't lose (this is water bottle number 8). Jesus sandals. A necklace. Two new books. I got everything I could have ever wanted!

We had zone conference this week, which was incredible! President took us to see "The Forgotten Carols" by Michael McLean. We linked arms in the theater and sang "We can be Together Forever." He had us think of someone who wasn't there with us. I thought of my Sister. :)
After watching the movie we separated and had a zone conference mission style. President used the analogy of the gift card to teach us, and we have taken it to 3 of our people now and have another lesson planned for tonight. We will talk about our Savior and His sacrifice and our options to take it or leave it.
I got to give my departing advice at Zone Conference, I never thought the day would come. For 18 months [12 transfers] I have watched the oldest in the mission share what they have learned, I've taken notes, and this week it was my turn. It was good, but I especially loved hearing my friends give their advice. In our Zone four of us are going home and their testimonies were beautiful, pure, and strong.
We all got an IPM year book and ornament from the Southwards. :)

WE FOUND 6 PEOPLE YESTERDAY! God led us to a whole family, ready to hear our message! It was amazing! We talked about Jesus and temples and trials and grace. This family is so ready! Sister Sifford and I both couldn't contain our joy!

Quotes of the week: "If you want to sleep in a bathtub manger, I won't judge." and "If I had the choice to eat lasagna in the shower or outside of the shower... I would choose neither"

My studies have been so incredibly good! Reading the scriptures is addicting! My newest dream is to become a biblical scholar. I love all of my scriptures, I can't just study one book. My studies this week took me to the Doctrine and Covenants, Mosiah, Moses, Matthew, Isaiah, Daniel, and Genesis! The scriptures are so good, read them, imagine yourself there, and be amazed at what amazing things follow!

I feel like there was more I wanted to tell you, but my mind has blanked. I hope everyone has a Happy New Year! Set some goals! I had a little epiphany about goals the other day. I try really hard to keep my goals, but sometimes [most times] I fall short. Still, I cannot not make goals, Elder Ballard's instructions speak too loud for me to ignore: "I am so thoroughly convinced, that if we don't set goals in our life and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential. When one learns to master the principals of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a difference in the results he attains in this life." I think making and setting New Years Resolutions is a grand time to align our will with Gods! It's a wonderful opportunity to seek and receive personal revelation. So, I challenge each of you to set one new years goal this year. Don't pick your area of work lightly. Ponder and consider how you can become a better instrument and then go to work!

Muchas love, 
Sister DeGooyer 


Christmas Jingle Jam. I destroyed them all in basketball. Hahaha, just kidding, Sifford did. 
Mission Conference 
Stichart and I-- MTC comps 
We made a thing! 

4 comments:

  1. For my bible scholar - might I suggest... unshaken come follow me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wrote to her. What a sweetheart! She must have had an awfully good upbringing! Love, MOM and MIL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wrote to her. What a sweetheart! She must have had an awfully good upbringing. :) Love, Mom/Mil

    ReplyDelete