Wednesday, February 15, 2023

CHRISTMAS WITH THE EMPTY NESTERS

Christmas was unusual this year because Scott and I celebrated by ourselves.  It was actually really fun!  We loved remembering the true meaning of Christmas by reading Luke 2.  We enjoyed watching The Nativity Story.  We even made a small feast for two.  Instead of pajamas, we decided to purchase Christmas Eve books for each other.  And we spent a lot of hours reading and enjoying the stories we'd picked out for one another.  We also played games.  And Scott loved the quilts I made this summer and have managed to keep a secret until Christmas morning.  

Our Christmas Eve Tradition!
Our Christmas Eve Feast!
Scott's book: Brad Meltzer's The First Conspiracy
He really enjoyed reading more about one of his heroes: George Washington
And I laughed out loud as I read The Thursday Murder Club.
Sometimes a good, wholesome murder is just FUN!
It was an enjoyable mystery.
I hand sewed Americana gnome material onto bandannas.
Scott loves both America and gnomes!
And I was told that the first quilt you make will have lots of mistakes....
SO make it for yourself.
I chose yellow material and music notes.
It's not perfect, but I enjoyed the process.
Scott also got me a blanket with mushrooms.
I LOVE mushrooms!
Nicole made these amazing nativity cookies.
They were ALMOST too cute to eat.
But they were absolutely delicious!
I ate all but one wiseman. (Which I generously shared with Scott.)
Scott found a "perfect" for us nativity!
Gnomes under a mushroom!
It makes me smile!

Although I'm writing this post in February, I hope the magic of Christmas and the REAL reason for the season can last ALL year long!  I'm grateful Jesus Christ was born so that he could be our Savior. 
I BELIEVE!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Who cares if it's February. Merry CHRISTmas should be all year long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO way! You kept a secret from last summer? Go on!

    ReplyDelete