Wednesday, February 22, 2023

THIS IS WHAT LOVE LOOKS LIKE...

When I got home from Idaho, so many people reached out to me with cards of sympathy, beautiful flowers, and even a gorgeous locket with my mother's picture inside.  I felt so loved.  I didn't realize how much those thoughtful gifts and small acts of love would mean to me after the death of my mom.  Sometimes... I think... it takes going through a loss to realize how important it is to be surrounded by people who love you.  I have a new perspective.

Even my amazing seminary kids showed me sooooo much love!  As Jeremy Call said, "This is what ministering to your teacher looks like..."  "MY" boys made me cookies, the whole class got me flowers, chocolate, paintings, homemade cards, cards with their testimonies, etc. etc. etc.  I felt the love!
According to the Calls, the boys planned the whole thing without any prompting.
I love them sooo much!
Delicious!
This is a painting one of my boys did of my favorite flower: a Columbine.
And one of my girls made a 3-D card with her testimony.
The flowers from my class!
Here are a few other sweet gifts I received:
I actually received a couple of blankets... but I loved the embroidery on this one....
From my beautiful sister-in-law.  It lights up.
Aunt Valerie gave my sister, my mom and I all heart rocks made from a favorite potter.
We burried mom with hers.  It helps us all feel the love of Aunt Val!
I definitely felt the love of sooooo many!


1 comment: