Sunday, May 27, 2018

FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS

I love Memorial Day!  And I'm so grateful I could be in Colorado this weekend so I could go visit my grandparents' graves.  (I know Memorial Day is for the dead - and especially for those who served our country and gave their lives - but I also want to mention that my dad is a Veteran too.  And he's also one of my heroes!)  Mom, Dad, GJ and I went to visit the cemetery this evening.  We took flowers.  It was lovely to reminisce and tell stories.  I'm grateful for such wonderful grandparents and role models in my life!
First we visited Grandma T and Grandad....
Grandma T and Grandad both served in the Navy during WWII.
I'm grateful for their service.
What did I learn from Grandma T and Grandad?
Soooo much.
Grandma T was the epitome of charity and good works!
She cared about others and was constantly loving and serving them.
She was also long suffering - since it took Grandad close to 25 years to join the church.
Grandad was bigger than life!
He made everyone feel special by learning names and singing "Happy Birthday" out of tune to them on their birthdays.
He also LOVED God and became a sealer in the temple.  (He married Scott and I!)
I really do LOVE and MISS my Grandma T and Grandad!
They are truly amazing!  And I can't wait to see them again someday!
I didn't know Grandpa Matt McCallister.  He's my great grandfather.
But my dad has TONS of great memories about him!
Grandpa Matt was really good to the Japanese people during WWII.  They loved him because he kept them employed and out of the camps during WWII.  He was a good man!
He also LOVED roses!  (Apparently he even rolled out on his chair when he was really old just to take care of his precious roses!  His garden was immaculate!)
I can't wait to meet him someday as well!
I'm blessed with a great posterity!  I should write more about my ancestors...  I love them all!!!!

2 comments:

  1. My heart was filled to bursting while we were at the grave sites. So very grateful for the good people who came before us allowing us to live the way we do. And who were examples for good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sundy Lea - Hope you don't mind if I forward your blog/post to my siblings. Val asked if we had visited the cemetery, and Rocky was busy planning their day in South Jordan's Pioneer Cemetery...
    A special day - agreed, and much more special to be able to share it with you! Mom

    ReplyDelete